3A State Championship: Covington Catholic 27 Bowling Green 8

Birdsfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference for CCH from midseason on has to be the o-line.

I would totally agree. I can't thank them enough for keeping my little brother from getting hurt and allowing him as much time as he wanted to pass the ball. You guys are outstanding!! The rest of the offense is spectacular as well. Defense..... you gave the offense the best field position a defense can give. Sam, you are the man! I can't say enough about Pop either. I see many college teams that don't even attempt the field goals you do. You are one great kicker and I'm sure many teams would love to have you.

I've never seen as much togetherness and trust amongst a team. I'm proud of all you guys. I've enjoyed making signs and props for the locker room. And even though Josh will be graduating this year, I would be honored to come back in the future to help decorate again. :thumb:

I also want to thank my little brother, Josh, for making me into the football fan that I am. I've enjoyed watching you grow into a fine ball player over the years. I'm glad you got your chance to shine this year. I'm hoping you don't go too far away for college so I can come see a few games. :ylsuper:

A Victory Savored

CovCath coach, parents relive championship on tape

By Terry Boehmker

Post staff reporter

John Rodenberg wheeled a television stand into the teacher's lounge at Covington Catholic High School and parked it at the end of a long wooden table.

As the football coach plugged in the TV and a videotape recorder, parents of players settled into chairs and prepared for their weekly ritual.

Every Monday evening during football season, Rodenberg gets together with parents to watch a videotape of CovCath's previous game.

To read the rest of the story click on Kentucky Post.....

Championship's effects continue to reverberate

The sign in front of Covington Catholic High School reads "Home of the Champions."

But you don't need the plastic letters on the marquee to know this school is still floating on the crest of winning the Class AAA state football championship Friday.

The students' grins are wider, their steps have a new bounce. And everybody has a story.

To read the rest of this story, click on the Kentucky Post

CovCath revels in title glory

BY WILLIAM CROYLE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Early in the regular season, Covington Catholic Coach John Rodenberg could see his football team wasn't playing as cohesively as it needed to, so he had the players do a team-building exercise.

"He had us write down all the negative stuff on a piece of paper, crumple it up and throw it in a fire," said senior corner back Joseph Castañeda.

As simple as that exercise was, it worked. The Colonels won their last three regular season games and all five playoff games, including Friday's Class AAA state championship game, 27-8, over Bowling Green High School.

To read the rest of this story, click on the Cincinnati Enquirer

I also want to thank my little brother, Josh, for making me into the football fan that I am. I've enjoyed watching you grow into a fine ball player over the years. I'm glad you got your chance to shine this year. I'm hoping you don't go too far away for college so I can come see a few games. :ylsuper:

Your brother is now forever a legend at CCH.:thumb: