Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will the Bengals draft Joey Burrow?

Featured Replies

Tua being a little smaller and possibly injury prone is what worries me more. Burrow has won me over after seeing him more and his ability to make plays when things break down. Seen him make great throws while being rushed and change arm angles to make throws when needed. Which is what made me now like Burrow more.

The injury concern is valid. The other stuff I believe Tua is more than capable of as well. Bamas O Line is significantly better than LSUs so he isn’t being asked to do as much as Burrow as far as making plays when the pocket breaks down. That’s another plus to Burrow being drafted by the Bengals because he would be more used to being asked to play behind a less than great O Line in college. Tua is able to do the same sort of thing, he just doesn’t really have to.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a mock poll online earlier today (will have to see if I can find it again to post) that had the Bengals taking Tua with the #1 pick. Burrow was not even the second QB taken, let alone being the #2 pick. In fact, they didn't even have him in the top 10. He was #17, being taken by the Titans. They did admit, however, that his stock had the potential to rise even further and eventually be a top 5 pick.

Saw a mock poll online earlier today (will have to see if I can find it again to post) that had the Bengals taking Tua with the #1 pick. Burrow was not even the second QB taken, let alone being the #2 pick. In fact, they didn't even have him in the top 10. He was #17, being taken by the Titans. They did admit, however, that his stock had the potential to rise even further and eventually be a top 5 pick.

 

I still remember Mike Weber standing at practice saying “Joe is the next Tom Brady” 2 years ago and everyone was like what!?

This is who the Bengals are probably looking at. We draft hurt players all the time.

 

We can probably let him heal for his first year like we have done multiple times.

Yesterday's performance against Bama convinced me the Bengals will pick Burrow. I saw him take a sack that almost took them out of field goal range. I saw him get a delay of game penalty at a crucial point. He will fit in perfectly with the Bengals.

We’ll beat Miami if we are legitimately trying to win the game. We aren’t on their level of bad. Obviously I want us to lose that game, but I don’t see it happening.

 

Disagree, Miami is way better than we are.

Miami wins two in a row. Beat Indy in Indy.

Us potentially lucking in to a win against Miami doesn’t matter! Come on down Joe Burrow!

Only knock for me on Burrow is can he play like that every year. Look at the QB at Clemson. One good year doesn't make a great QB. If he was consistently good he wouldn't have been a backup at the other school.

Only knock for me on Burrow is can he play like that every year. Look at the QB at Clemson. One good year doesn't make a great QB. If he was consistently good he wouldn't have been a backup at the other school.

 

Sometimes a qb just needs to be given a chance and the ball out once in a game. The best qb of all time Tom Brady about lost his starting job in college to a baseball player. Then he never becomes the Patriots starter if Bledsoe never gets hurt. Brady maybe never plays a down for the Patriots if it wasn't for an injury. Brady wasn't going to earn the starting spot in practice. Kurt Warner may have never became a starter in the NFL or lead the greatest show on turf if it wasn't for Trent Green getting hurt.

 

Point being sometimes you can't tell how good a qb is in practice. Or vice versa a qb may look like a stud in practice but is a dud in the game. Sometimes a guy has to be able to play in a game to show what he can do. I'm pretty sure Urban Meyer and other OSU coaches are probably surprised theirselves with how great he has looked.

Us potentially lucking in to a win against Miami doesn’t matter! Come on down Joe Burrow!

 

Need Washington to win another game too. They scare me with a new coach, possibly doing what the Cardinals did with Rosen.

Need Washington to win another game too. They scare me with a new coach, possibly doing what the Cardinals did with Rosen.

I could see that as well. I’m still a Haskins guy for obvious reasons so I’d love to see him be successful in Washington, but a new guy wanting his guy definitely makes sense. Just hope if it does happens Haskins lands on his feet and doesn’t end up in a situation like Rosen in Miami.

I like Burrow or Herbert.

 

I agree. Burrow is who I hope they choose, I would take Herbert over Tua at this point too.

Disagree, Miami is way better than we are.

 

I agree, don’t know about way better, but I agree that they are better.

I could see that as well. I’m still a Haskins guy for obvious reasons so I’d love to see him be successful in Washington, but a new guy wanting his guy definitely makes sense. Just hope if it does happens Haskins lands on his feet and doesn’t end up in a situation like Rosen in Miami.

 

Just for giggles, let me float this out there then. Say the Bengals end up with the #1 pick, with Washington #2 and their coach wants his own guy. Would you trade for Haskins and take Chase Young with your pick? Or stay put and take Joe (or Tua).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.