2A State Championship: Mercer County 15 Russell 12

iPapi

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic????? You have been breathing too many of those fumes from the refineries.

Gus you are correct, there was an angle.

Yes, Gus was correct there was and angle. But Jeepman was correct as well. The speed difference between Frazier and Jackson was not that great.

Yes, Gus was correct there was and angle. But Jeepman was correct as well. The speed difference between Frazier and Jackson was not that great.

Bring Frazier to the track meets in the spring and put him in the lane beside #2 Jackson in 100 and the 200 - then we'll see who is the fastest. Cory Jackson from Mercer will smoke him and just about everyone else in the state. Can't wait to see that happen.

Great h.s. football game to listen to. Conrats to Mercer Co. on the AA State Title. I belive that these two teams were about as evenly matched as two teams could be. The game from the way I heard it came down to special teams (extra points). Mercer converts a 2pt. conversion on a bad snap when going for the kick(1pt.) which could had changed Russells decision about going for 2 later. Also, I did hear the radio crew (khsaa's site) say that they thought that the foward progress on the Mercer runner had been stopped on the one touchdown when Mercer fumbled and came up with it in the endzone on that 4th and goal they had. At any rate, this was a great game to listen to and once again - Congrats to the Mercer Co. Titans.

He was stopped short. He was hit a yard and a half behind the line where his forward progress was stopped. The play should have been blown dead right then but it wasn't. Mercer player seemed to fumble on purpose and it worked, he pulled one pass the officials. But the facts are that the initial forward progress was stopped short, should've been 1st and 10 Russell on the 1. Congrats to Mercer on the win.

Bring Frazier to the track meets in the spring and put him in the lane beside #2 Jackson in 100 and the 200 - then we'll see who is the fastest. Cory Jackson from Mercer will smoke him and just about everyone else in the state. Can't wait to see that happen.

Yea, just like you said Mercer would run right through Russell. Come on, show some class. You know absolutely nothing about Marcus Frazier, including how fast he is.

Whatever. I know what I saw on the field today and the difference in speed was not that great.

Why don't you show some class! Don't dish it out, if you can't take it! I am not doubting the boy's speed. He is a good athlete. But, Cory Jackson has played the last 4 games with a pulled hamstring. So, don't put Jackson down either.

Hey Hogtown....I heard Ford got hurt today...what happened? Status?

Hey Hogtown....I heard Ford got hurt today...what happened? Status?

He's had a sore hip for a few weeks, but it only bothers him here and there. From what I understand his hurt was a hit in the lower region just above the thigh. He was a soprano for a few minutes but is fine. That's what I heard.

He was stopped short. He was hit a yard and a half behind the line where his forward progress was stopped. The play should have been blown dead right then but it wasn't. Mercer player seemed to fumble on purpose and it worked, he pulled one pass the officials. But the facts are that the initial forward progress was stopped short, should've been 1st and 10 Russell on the 1. Congrats to Mercer on the win.

Fumble on purpose? Come on now. Any football player with half a brain would not have tried to fumble on purpose on that play.

Jackson is fast

Frazier is fast (if you happened to notice the giant replay board...he was streaking to the ball. Fast enough to make Cory try to plant and change directions.)

They are both fast....MOVE ON!!

Now why wasn't that just said to begin with. I saw the replay on the jumbo tron also. I agree Jackson is fast. probable the fastest Okay. All I said was frasier ran him down and tackled him. Then we are invited to run the 100 and 200 because our guy is faster. I don't care.

Fumble on purpose? Come on now. Any football player with half a brain would not have tried to fumble on purpose on that play.

I can see an argument for forward progress being stopped, but just watched the replay and he DID get the ball stretched out over the goal line, where it was consequently batted directly down beside #75 who was laying in the endzone and just gathered it in.

Maybe shouldn't have been ruled a fumble after all.