Ram

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta go with St. X on this one. Bowling Green has improved a lot since the first game. And I think they found their QB/RB combination in Cooper/Bunton. I think they have a done a great job of moving forward and improving. If BG had this combination in the opening game against Father Ryan, they win that game.

St. X. will be just too big up front on the Dl and OL for Bowling Green to handle. If a team can really control the line of scrimmage then most likely will win the game. Bowling Green's Ol and DL just aren't good enough this year and against good teams will really struggle.

There is also the revenge fact as BG went up there and beat Wallace in his first year at St. X. I say St. X wins by 17+. Bowling Green just lacks experience at the QB spot right now and has too weak of an OL/DL to beat a team like St. X.

I hope I am wrong.

The OL and DL has always been bigger, stronger, faster, with the exception of BG’s DL in 2016. Even then X had a college size OL. If BG’s DL can slow the rushing attack down, and the OL can give them enough time to get athletes in space, they will win. The formula against X has always been to abuse their secondary, and BG has the athletes to do this. I also think we could see Vito play some offense in this game, I’m just not sure how much. My prediction is BG 31-24.

With St. X's style with Coach Wallace I don't know how much of a factor of their OL will be in terms of the run game, in previous years that was a big time factor in determining the outcome. BG historically does a good job of moving their front 7 around to give St. X's bigger OL problems. A big time match up will be BG's OL vs St. X DL; BG has to do a good job on 1st down because if they're in 2nd and 3rd and long they will struggle, especially if St. X can get penetration with just 4 rushers and drop everyone else.

If Vito is not used as much on offense this game then I'm not sure who else posses a "homerun" threat for the Purples' offense, and that would be something I would be concerned about.

St. X's defensive front will be too much for BG and I'm not sure how much the Purples have used or are using Vito on offense, but if they don't then I don't see them consistently moving the ball. I see this game more like the 2017 game, where St. X is in control most of the game.

St. X's defensive line and OLB's are good, but the offensive line for the Tigers is one of the least talented in recent memory.

I'll take St. X. Offensive and defensive lines are just better. Can't understand Tisdale not playing offense.

Tisdale is an interesting situation that is playing out similarly at other schools with D1 athletes.

Bowling Green - Tisdale D1 player only playing defense.

Highlands - Huddleston D1 player only playing defense.

Paintsville - Jaylen Allen D1 player only playing defense.

Is there a reason these top players who all would make a big impact on offense for their teams are only playing defense?

If someone wants to discuss further, probably best to do it in its own thread.

I'm not going to lie. I'm not feeling great about this game. But I do like how BG has been playing of late. As my man @Killowatt59 said, if they had been playing this personel from the beginning they would have clearly won the first game of the season.

St X is big up front and has some really nice pieces on offense to use this year. I think both teams make some big plays. If BG doesn't use Vito on offense, I'm not sure they have enough of those big plays on offense, especially if they misguidedly continue to platoon at QB.

I won't pick against BG regardless. I didn't even when they went for their beating up at Warren Central IN last year. I really like that my man @SLINK picked BG. He's been doing this along while.

The St X defensive front will certainly cause BG problems, but I think BG can make some adjustments especially through strong playcalling to limit that. There are going to be players in games like this to break out and make big plays. For X, I look for LB Hale Bohler to make big plays for the X D. For the BG D, recently back from the injury ranks Keaton Oldham will give the X OLine fits with his speed and determination on the BG Dline/OLB.

On offense for X, I look for the young SO Mekhi Smith, who had 7 catches last week and a TD vs Central to have a big game. Coach Wallace has compared the young man to Nacarius Fant. That's big words in BG! For the BG offense, outside of hoping Vito gets a chance, look for breakout candidate RB Javy Bunton to have a big game for BG.

In the end, give me: BG 20 St X 17