Your RPI is Showing

gchs_uk9

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RPI will be great for generating conversation, but I don’t need a computer to tell me who the best teams are.

It isn't being used to rank teams per se, but rather to distinguish home/away in the later rounds of the postseason when teams are roughly equal but don't have any connections to each other to truly say who should be the higher seed.

No disrespect to any teams but other than Male. I don’t see anyone better than Trinity and we will know about Male after Friday night. I’ve seen Trinity in person and if they are 4 teams in 6A better than them that would be something.

**RPI is updated hourly. Teams missing scores at that time are not included. This experimental, not official, currently under development, subject to revision and must be regarded with skepticism this early in the season.

No disrespect to any teams but other than Male. I don’t see anyone better than Trinity and we will know about Male after Friday night. I’ve seen Trinity in person and if they are 4 teams in 6A better than them that would be something.

Another reminder: the first issue of the NCAA basketball RPI last season had Loyola-Marymount ranked 10th in the country. The RPI, as with all computer rating systems, will get better as the season progresses and more data goes into the formula.

I believe Male can beat Trinity.

I also believe nobody else is beating either one of those teams.