4A #1 Boyle County vs. 5A Iroquois (8/24) Predictions/Updates

DragonFire

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Iroquois

The Rebels open up their 2019 campaign in the Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl taking place at Mercer County. The 4A favorites haven't lost in their last 17 regular season contests, dating to a 10-7 loss to Danville in 2017. They'll meet an Iroquois team that went 2-8 a season ago and failed to reach the playoffs. The result seems to be in little doubt, making the question, how lopsided does this get?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a story behind how this game got scheduled? Connection between the schools maybe? Boyle County is one of the best teams in the state, pound for pound, and Iroquois has eleven wins in the last four years and 19 players on its roster this season. This just seems like an odd matchup.

Is there a story behind how this game got scheduled? Connection between the schools maybe? Boyle County is one of the best teams in the state, pound for pound, and Iroquois has eleven wins in the last four years and 19 players on its roster this season. This just seems like an odd matchup.

Scratching my head trying to figure this one out also.

I can honestly say that I'm not sure. As far as I know there is no connection between the two schools. Maybe Boyle County was just looking for a warmup before they take that brutal stretch of a schedule.

Its part of a bowl game that Mercer County puts on so it may have much to do with who responded to the call and who Mercer wanted to play. You get Boyle one year and Mercer the other; the Boyle part might have scared some potential suitors away.

Its part of a bowl game that Mercer County puts on so it may have much to do with who responded to the call and who Mercer wanted to play. You get Boyle one year and Mercer the other; the Boyle part might have scared some potential suitors away.

If that's the case, then you've gotta love the guts being displayed by Iroquois here.

We advertised the bowl on the coaches' listserve and Iroquois responded, wanting to play. We are excited to host them. My understanding is they are thin in numbers but high in quality. We are fired up to kick off the season Saturday night!

We advertised the bowl on the coaches' listserve and Iroquois responded, wanting to play. We are excited to host them. My understanding is they are thin in numbers but high in quality. We are fired up to kick off the season Saturday night!

Who knows, maybe a good showing in this bowl game will boost interest in football there. At least that's what you'd like to see, anyway.

Iroquois is running option offense like Army & Navy. They beat Seneca & Valley in scrimmage that have superior numbers. This will be a blowout but might be best 14 man team you ever see.

KHSAA roster shows them with 19 kids so may have picked up a few more.