New Kings Island Coaster: Orion

Randy Parker

Not going to lie I’m a touch dissapointed. It’s going to be a great ride, but if KI is going to compete with steel coasters then you have to build a Cedar Point level coaster and despite how great Orion looks, it’s still not quite as big as Millenium Force which was built 20 years ago.

Not going to lie I’m a touch dissapointed. It’s going to be a great ride, but if KI is going to compete with steel coasters then you have to build a Cedar Point level coaster and despite how great Orion looks, it’s still not quite as big as Millenium Force which was built 20 years ago.

I am usually pumped for new roller coaster videos, but this didn't excite me.... at first. The bird's eye angle makes it look much cooler than the first person angle. The drop for this ride is more than the Drop Zone's.

Also, can we stop with the corny back stories on roller coasters? It is a roller coaster. I do not need to hear that a meteor is coming or that we are trying to fend off wookies or other goblins and the only way to fight it is to take a 50 second thrill ride.

I am usually pumped for new roller coaster videos, but this didn't excite me.... at first. The bird's eye angle makes it look much cooler than the first person angle. The drop for this ride is more than the Drop Zone's.

Oh it’s going to be sweet no doubt. It’s going to be a fun ride, but I just want them to go a little bit bigger.

Also, can we stop with the corny back stories on roller coasters? It is a roller coaster. I do not need to hear that a meteor is coming or that we are trying to fend off wookies or other goblins and the only way to fight it is to take a 50 second thrill ride.

I agree. Disney and Universal are the only ones that do this and do it well. Places like Kings Island should just name the ride and that’s it.

I just went to Cedar Point 2 months ago and IMO Millenium Force wasn't even in my top 3 for coasters at the park.

Yeah, KI really laid an egg a few years ago with the "what's in the shed" tag-line around the wooden coaster they built and debuted.

I'm not a thrill seeker, so I could care less. But here are a couple specs:

312 feet tall

91 miles per hour

Just looked it up and at 91 mph this would be the 5th fastest roller coaster in the U.S. and 12th fastest in the world. I guess the biggest knock against it would be that it would only be the 3rd fastest coaster in Ohio since Cedar Point has two of the four in the U.S that are faster than it will be.

Just looked it up and at 91 mph this would be the 5th fastest roller coaster in the U.S. and 12th fastest in the world. I guess the biggest knock against it would be that it would only be the 3rd fastest coaster in Ohio since Cedar Point has two of the four in the U.S that are faster than it will be.

Owners aren't going to out-do Cedar Point.