Transfer Rule and Hardship

barrel

I hear you. But financial reasons aren’t the only reason I wouldn’t want out there for the world see as to why my kid might have transferred. Family issues, bullying, special education reasons are just a few that people don’t need to hear as to why Johnny Athlete wanted to change schools. I’m not a fan of a kid being forced to sit out for any reason. But since the KHSAA wants to limit movement, the vagueness that is present in the rules, really forces the parents to think twice about transferring and thus accomplishes their goal. Personally, I think people worry way too much about what others are doing. It’s High School sports for goodness sake. There are much bigger things for people to worry about than why someone else’s kid wants to transfer from school A to School B to and play a sport.

A lot of those, it might be good if people did have to disclose. Bullying for example. That has become the excuse du jour for getting a transfer approved. If people legitimately are being bullied, then that should be publicized and they shouldn't be embarrassed. They should be outraged and want the school and the perpetrators called out. Instead, people run under the cloud of secrecy, claim bullying and then get their athletic motivated transfer approved.