Best Food in Florence, KY

SnottieDrippen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it behind City BBQ but ahead of Sugarfire and Smoking This and That.

At Famous Dave's, we like to get the Feast for 2 - all served on what looks like a metal garbage can lid.

Feast for 2

1/2 slab St. Louis-Style Spareribs, choice of Flame-Kissed or BBQ 1/2 chicken, either Texas Beef Brisket or Georgia Pork, Creamy Coleslaw, Famous Fries, Wilbur Beans, Sweet Corn and Corn Bread Muffins. Served family-style for 2-3 people.

(4170-4200 Cal. 2) $38.99

Haha, I dated a girl yeeeeears ago who's mother ate their once. True story, haha. She's the one and only person I've ever met who has been there.

I'm convinced it's a Korean mafia front, haha. It's been there for decades at this point, and I never even see cars in the parking lot.

Like the Phantom Fireworks place on Mall Road. Always open—only a couple cars. (With the exception of this next upcoming week.)

At Famous Dave's, we like to get the Feast for 2 - all served on what looks like a metal garbage can lid.

Feast for 2

1/2 slab St. Louis-Style Spareribs, choice of Flame-Kissed or BBQ 1/2 chicken, either Texas Beef Brisket or Georgia Pork, Creamy Coleslaw, Famous Fries, Wilbur Beans, Sweet Corn and Corn Bread Muffins. Served family-style for 2-3 people.

(4170-4200 Cal. 2) $38.99

Sounds like a great deal.

Back to Florence, has anyone . . . ANYONE . . . ever eaten at the Korean Barbecue place? Kiwha I think the sign says. I've never been there, just drive by it often and I've never seen more than two cars in the place. For years!! Asking for a friend.

That place is a complete mystery. I have been expecting them to close for years... or maybe open because it always seems like it's closed. A couple of times the parking lot was full. This is out of the 24 years I've lived here. I do know two different couples who have actually eaten there. I need to ask them more about their experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Momma's BBQ for the first time for lunch yesterday. Since I'd never been there before I got three sliders and a couple of wings so I could sample a bit.

The smoked sausage slider was amazing, the pulled pork slider was really good but nothing special as far as pulled pork goes. I'm a big meatloaf fan, but I was underwhelmed with the smoked meatloaf slider. The smoked meatloaf at Mission BBQ is way better in my opinion, only problem is that they only serve it as a monthly special one month a year (usually around November)

The wings at this place however, our out of this world. I really loved the dry rub that they use. Next time I will likely forgo the other forms of BBQ and just load up on a bunch of wings.

I tried Momma's BBQ for the first time for lunch yesterday. Since I'd never been there before I got three sliders and a couple of wings so I could sample a bit.

The smoked sausage slider was amazing, the pulled pork slider was really good but nothing special as far as pulled pork goes. I'm a big meatloaf fan, but I was underwhelmed with the smoked meatloaf slider. The smoked meatloaf at Mission BBQ is way better in my opinion, only problem is that they only serve it as a monthly special one month a year (usually around November)

The wings at this place however, our out of this world. I really loved the dry rub that they use. Next time I will likely forgo the other forms of BBQ and just load up on a bunch of wings.

The sausage was also my favorite. I recall using spicy mustard with it. The wings are so good.