What is your favorite Beach?

Randy Parker

Grew up near the Delaware Beaches and Ocean City, MD, so for pure nostalgia purposes, they are still my favorite beaches. We keep going back to the Gulf Shores area, so those beaches are one of my favorite places to go.

Spent quite a bit of time in my formative years at Ocean City, as my mother’s family was all from the Eastern Shore.

St. Pete, Panama City, Destin and others on the gulf coast all have beautiful soft white sand beaches. All are much nicer than east coast beaches with coarse darker sand.

Florida gulf coast beaches, in my opinion, are nicer than Hawaiian beaches which have a lot of hard rough lave mixed in.

I am with you here. Love the Destin area beaches! And definitely nicer sand than Hawaii beaches.

2nd favorite is the beaches in Cancun.

Not a huge ocean/sea fan because salt water is garbage, so it’s more about memories when comparing.

Cocoa Beach and the annual trips my HS baseball team took is my preference, despite only spending a few hours each year there.

The Outer Banks, Myrtle, and Destin bring back great memories. Was talking about Myrtle today in fact.

I could spend part of every day at the beach, weather permitting.

One if these days I probably will.

When I lived in Indian Rocks, I spent everyday on the beach for nearly 3 years. Believe it or not, it can get old. Even for a young man, which I was back then. Now that the doctors are finding skin cancer on my person, from being out on the beach so much those many years ago, it makes me regret those days. Not entirely, though, I had a blast for quite a time.

I've been to Gulf Shores, PCB, Destin, Madeira, Clearwater, and Daytona. Destin was my favorite followed by PCB due to the clear water. However, beyond the beach, I liked Gulf Shores and Madeira due to the lack of crowds. We're headed to Pensacola Beach this summer, so we'll see how that is.

Every morning, weather permitting, we go to a little place called Crescent Beach when we visit my parents in St. Augustine. Small, never crowded, you can still drive on it if you want. A few miles south of SA; a straight shot west eventually takes you to Gainesville. Not because it's a spectacular beach; it has just evolved into "our place".

DSCN8038.JPG