Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the most famous person you've talked to for more than 30 seconds?

Featured Replies

Just jealous?

Of Mustang, maybe.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have talked to MUSTANG hundreds of times. What does that get me?

A sore ear.

I've talked to God a few times more than 30 seconds. He's pretty famous.:lol2:

"Moses."

 

- mcpapa

Best list I’ve seen so far.

I have had few opportunities to rub elbows with or stand at urinals next to the rich and famous. I met a lot of baseball players at card shows back in the day, but the only ones I spent any significant time talking with were Frank Robinson and Boog Powell.

 

Two people that that come to mind that I spent closer to 30 minutes as opposed to 30 seconds talking with are John Cheney and Chandra Cheeseborough.

 

The sit-down with Cheney was at Freedom Hall after his Temple squad had just defeated Louisville in the quarterfinals. My son was dating the sister of one of his players, and we were invited behind the scenes after the game. A fascinating conversation about hoops and life.

 

The meet with Cheesborough was at a track meet at EKU. My avatar was on the track team at Georgetown College and the team set up shop next to the Tennessee State Squad. She was very gracious with her time.

 

I also had had occasion to briefly meet several show business figures back in the day, but these were pretty much after-the-show autograph signings. Howard Keel, John Raitt, Liza Minnelli and Van Johnson come to mind (did I ever mention that I’m old?).

 

And the the most famous person whose hand I shook is a former President.

Did you not talk to Muhammad Ali, or did I make that up?

 

I "met" him once, shook his hand. But it was a very quick exchange. Definitely could feel his aura though, it was nuts.

Tie for 1st for me.

Michael Jordan and Stevie Wonder. Stevie much nicer to talk to by the way.

I "met" him once, shook his hand. But it was a very quick exchange. Definitely could feel his aura though, it was nuts.

 

Same experience with Ali. Shook his hand. His hand was huge.

All of my memories of Ali have been in a deteriorating state (I never actually met him). Did any of you folks that have met him meet him when he was in relatively good health?

  • Author
Same experience with Ali. Shook his hand. His hand was huge.

 

DeMarcus Cousins held my daughter when she was 4. He practically swallowed her in his arms. He's huge.

Ozzie Newsome. My old college buddy worked for the ravens and would get me tickets and we’d hang out when they’d play the Bengals. One time I got the invite to eat dinner with the coaches and staff the night before the game. Sat directly across from him. He was nice and kinda quiet.

 

Dave Mathews. I was working as a cashier in my 20s in Seattle and he got some coffee from me. I shot the breeze with Him for a while not knowing it was him. He lived in like the next neighborhood over. A big crowd gathered around him outside and my coworkers let me know.

All of my memories of Ali have been in a deteriorating state (I never actually met him). Did any of you folks that have met him meet him when he was in relatively good health?

 

I didn’t. He was still talking some when I met him but he wasn’t the Louisville Lip...

All of my memories of Ali have been in a deteriorating state (I never actually met him). Did any of you folks that have met him meet him when he was in relatively good health?

 

He was in the stages where he quit talking when I met him.

I’ve met a number between broadcasting years and the Martinsville Raceway years but my favorite was Joe Gibbs.

 

We hosted a Bring a kid to the Race day. Joe was the speaker and one of my jobs as emcee was to handle introduction and autograph time.

 

As a lifelong Dolphins fan I struggled with working with Gibbs. :lol2:

 

He told me he wanted to be introduced as the coach of the 3 time World Champion Redskins. I told him I was for him two of those times but as a Dolphins fan I found it hard to like him for SB 17. He laughed, “ I bet you have nightmares about Riggo.”

 

I responded, “About like you have if Marcus Allen.” He laughed even harder.

 

He was a great guy. Before he spoke he noticed a guy wearing a Dolphins hat sitting right in front and asked me if the guy was a plant by me. I told him, “No. but like me he doesn’t want your stinking autograph either. “. :)

 

Perfect down to earth guy. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.