Jeopardy Guy - James Holzhauer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the strangest wager I think I’ve ever seen.

That wager guaranteed he would beat the player in third. If James missed Final Jeopardy, his total score would have been $22,001, $1 more than the third place finisher. James had to hope the player in first would miss and wager $20,000+. If she had missed Final Jeopardy, James would have won even if he also missed Final Jeopardy.

That wager guaranteed he would beat the player in third. If James missed Final Jeopardy, his total score would have been $22,001, $1 more than the third place finisher. James had to hope the player in first would miss and wager $20,000+. If she had missed Final Jeopardy, James would have won even if he also missed Final Jeopardy.

Exactly. It was his only play.

Alex said that they three only missed one question all night and that was by the third place guy on taxes on cigarettes. The lady that won was really good and hit both Daily Doubles and doubled up $7000 and like $2000 the next time. James hit a Double on his very first question when he had no money. I thought this was the difference.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So tonight is the Finals? I'm going to have to tune in.

Yes, tonight is the finals. The best two night total wins.

Winner gets $250,000, which is less (per game) than James averaged before, since they are playing 4 games all together. During his run he averaged over $75K per night.