Jeopardy Guy - James Holzhauer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another $100K game tonight. He's over $1.5 million.

Tied for second most games at 20.

I think most of us are intrigued by and pulling for James at this point. With that said, when Trebeck said that the teachers tournament is next week, I couldn't help but get concerned and hope it doesn't mess with James mojo.

I think most of us are intrigued by and pulling for James at this point. With that said, when Trebeck said that the teachers tournament is next week, I couldn't help but get concerned and hope it doesn't mess with James mojo.

These contests are not live and have probably been in the can for months. The fact that the results have been kept secret is utterly amazing. The forfeiture penalty for disclosure must be huge. Friends daughter was on the show 3/4 years ago and it was shown about two months later.

In current time, Alex was interviewed last night by Robin Roberts and his fight with chemo has sapped his normal vibrancy. Obvious hairpiece as is often normal. That regression had not begun on the airing of Jeopardy.

Watch how quickly the ratings fall back to what they were before James. I know that I won't be tuning in much during the Teachers tournament compared to know.

Watch how quickly the ratings fall back to what they were before James. I know that I won't be tuning in much during the Teachers tournament compared to know.

For this reason, I can’t help but being skeptical they aren’t helping him.

Edited by 00Rocket28

If it's just a one week teacher's tournament it won't bother him. They film an entire weeks worth of shows in one day and only film 2 days a week. So James would only have one extra day off.

He was on The Chase a few years ago and was just as good. It was just a one day show so he didn't get to return...dude has sick knowledge.

I've wondered if he was somehow cheating haha. I do like that conspiracy theory!

Hilarious, I was watching last night with the lady friend. James goes on a tear and I just blurted out "he's freaking cheating". If down the line they said it was all just a ploy to send Trebeck out on top I'd probably believe it. Regardless it's been fun to watch and I don't think it's too rigged.

• 2 weeks later...