Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Has Hired John Brannen

Featured Replies

Fair enough.

 

What can you tell us?

 

Still very early in the staff building process. John was clear in the presser he was going to be deliberate and not just make quick hires for the sake of hiring someone. Guessing one guy from his NKU staff will join him as a bench assistant. One big time recruiting assistant that he has ties to seems likely, and I have my eye on a few guys but nothing solid yet. I could see some movement starting by the weekend.

Still very early in the staff building process. John was clear in the presser he was going to be deliberate and not just make quick hires for the sake of hiring someone. Guessing one guy from his NKU staff will join him as a bench assistant. One big time recruiting assistant that he has ties to seems likely, and I have my eye on a few guys but nothing solid yet. I could see some movement starting by the weekend.

 

Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.

Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.

 

Agree.

Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.

 

Trying to get the top assistant in place first, and then he will go from there. It’s a big one if he can pull it off.

Trying to get the top assistant in place first, and then he will go from there. It’s a big one if he can pull it off.

 

Larry Brown (again) :lol:

JB and UC landed 6'5 top 50 wing Zach Harvey of Prolific Prep today.

 

This comes a few weeks after also landing Oakland grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland.

JB and UC landed 6'5 top 50 wing Zach Harvey of Prolific Prep today.

 

This comes a few weeks after also landing Oakland grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland.

 

What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?

What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?

 

He's coming in this year. He recently reclassified to a 2019 recruit after initially classifying as a 2020.

What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?

 

He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping he’s matured.

He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping he’s matured.

 

Yes, I saw an article in the Enquirer this morning. The incident happened when he was 16 and involved a sexually explicit video of an underage girl. He pled no contest to two misdemeanors in June 2018. The charges were filed in October 2017. UC AD Bohn said they have vetted the situation and will hold him accountable with a zero tolerance plan in place. Best wishes to the young man. Hopefully it is an error of youth and an experience he grows from.

Yes, I saw an article in the Enquirer this morning. The incident happened when he was 16 and involved a sexually explicit video of an underage girl. He pled no contest to two misdemeanors in June 2018. The charges were filed in October 2017. UC AD Bohn said they have vetted the situation and will hold him accountable with a zero tolerance plan in place. Best wishes to the young man. Hopefully it is an error of youth and an experience he grows from.

 

As bad as it is, there are thousands upon thousands of similar cases. Not condoning it but the fact that it's not drug or violence related is a good sign IMO. I'm sure he can find the inner strength to not record or share his female companions moving forward.

He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping he’s matured.

 

Poor judgement by a 16 year old...yes. Far from a situation that should be classified as "serious trouble".

 

If he weren't a top 50 kid, it probably isn't even a situation that gets brought up. X was willing to take him earlier in his recruitment but he wouldn't commit so they moved on.

This thread appears to not be about John Brannen anymore. I encourage the opening of a thread on UC recruiting, if desired.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.