Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC's Next Coach?

Featured Replies

Who does UC go after to replace Mick?

  • Replies 76
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go big! Go after a guy who they normally wouldn't have had a shot at, but now is dying to get back to coaching college basketball. Take a chance and hope nothing follows him and try to hire Rick Pitino.

  • Author

I'd imagine John Brannen is on the list of folks to call.

  • Author
Go big! Go after a guy who they normally wouldn't have had a shot at, but now is dying to get back to coaching college basketball. Take a chance and hope nothing follows him and try to hire Rick Pitino.

 

I'm actually not sure Rick would take the UC job. Not sure he'd get enough attention there. :lol2:

I'd imagine John Brannen is on the list of folks to call.

 

That’s my fear as an NKU fan.

Would UC look back to Murray State for their next hire?

I’m not sure he’d even be interested but I really like Rick Byrd from Belmont. I personally think he would be a good hire for UC.

I’m not sure he’d even be interested but I really like Rick Byrd from Belmont. I personally think he would be a good hire for UC.
Byrd is retired.
Byrd is retired.

 

Well I did not know that. I guess he wouldn’t then. lol thanks for letting me know. I still think he would do a good job at UC.

I think Bryce Drew would be a great hire. Granted, he had a terrible year this year, but he also lost the guy he was building his team around early in the year. The guy is young and can recruit. I was somewhat surprised that his leash wasn't a little bit longer at Vandy, but I think he has the potential to become an excellent coach.

I see Steve Alford going after this job. Not sure it would be good or bad for him or the university, but I could see it happening.

I see Steve Alford going after this job. Not sure it would be good or bad for him or the university, but I could see it happening.

 

I wondered the same thing. I'm thinking the next coach will come from one of three categories:

 

1. Big name coach, who is currently unemployed (Alford would be in this category)

2. Someone with ties to the program (former assistants, Andy Kennedy, etc.)

3. A young and upcoming coach (Brannen, etc.)

  • Author

Woj tweeted that Nick Van Exel has expressed interest.

Woj tweeted that Nick Van Exel has expressed interest.

 

For real?

The Brannen to UC would definitely be interesting and stir some things up around Greater Cincy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.