Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt hires Jerry Stackhouse

Featured Replies

Consider me skeptical. :lol2:

Certainly a big name. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

 

First Penny and now Stackhouse. Who else from my childhood is going to land a NCAA job?

Certainly a big name. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

 

First Penny and now Stackhouse. Who else from my childhood is going to land a NCAA job?

 

Greg Ostertag?

Seems like a weird hiring for Vanderbilt. I guess they are hoping the Stackhouse name pulls in some high profile recruits? Does anyone see Stackhouse as a long career college coach? I would think if he has any success he will move on quickly when a good opportunity presents itself. But, I guess no matter who they hire, the coach will probably move on when a good opportunity presents itself.

Seems like a weird hiring for Vanderbilt. I guess they are hoping the Stackhouse name pulls in some high profile recruits? Does anyone see Stackhouse as a long career college coach? I would think if he has any success he will move on quickly when a good opportunity presents itself. But, I guess no matter who they hire, the coach will probably move on when a good opportunity presents itself.

 

Let’s see if he can out recruit Drew. Out coaching him won’t be the challenge.

Zero coaching experience...better have a great assistant!!

Zero coaching experience...better have a great assistant!!

 

D league head coach and an assistant for 2 NBA teams.

D league head coach and an assistant for 2 NBA teams.

 

D-League Coach of the Year, if I'm not mistaken. I think coaching will be fine. The problem is recruiting - Stackhouse has name recognition but can he get those kids to go to Vanderbilt? And if an NBA job comes open in a couple of years will he stay in Nashville? I think he's probably a better hire than Penny Hardaway at Memphis but there's also not much to tie him to the Commodores. Will be interesting to follow.

Stackhouse is a highly respected coach in the pro ranks. He's thought to be one of the smarter young coaches in the league. I'm not a fan of his because of the shade of blue he wore in college, but I think he'll do fine at Vanderbilt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.