Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AL MVP A Surprise

Featured Replies

Deserving... I guess. Jeter got hosed. :madman:

 

Justin Morneau

 

15 1st place votes to Jeter's 12 1st place votes. Very close. Congrats to Justin.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very deserving, and so was Jeter. I wonder if the voters haven't been O.J.'d? You know,,,Over Jetered!

  • Author
Very deserving, and so was Jeter. I wonder if the voters haven't been O.J.'d? You know,,,Over Jetered!

 

Justin is deserving. I'd say that the voters were OJ'd. :D

A Thanksgiving with a Yankee fans whining. Another thing to be thankful for. Any time the evil empire does not win something is a good time.

  • Author
A Thanksgiving with a Yankee fans whining. Another thing to be thankful for. Any time the evil empire does not win something is a good time.

 

Do I need to bring back the Darth Vader pic? :D

Right guy won, he had better numbers and his team had equal success

Morneau had an excellent year and not nearly the media coverage, that is often shine down on the Big Apple.

 

Very deserving, either could have and great to see, an award like this given on merits and not name.

Congrats to Morneau, but it seems to me the anti-Yankee bias played a factor here from the writers.

I said once the MVP race debate began that Justin Morneau deserved it. Derek Jeter has put up these stats forever. JM was the leader of the team in front of Joe Mauer. When it came crunch time JM delivered and carried the Twins in the playoffs. The right guy won!

That was my guess for the AL MVP

That was my guess for the AL MVP
I thought you picked Mark Teixeira, in early April. I picked A-Rod but that sure went south.

The most deserving player got the nod, in my opinion. While I don't support the Yankees as an organization, I certainly don't harbor any grudges against their individual players; I just think Morneau's numbers justified the award.

Congrats to Morneau.

The award could have gone to Morneau or Jeter as both had great years. Good to see a fresh face in the crowd every now and then, it makes for great competition.

I picked Jeter to win and as usual I was wrong.

What a joke...

 

Runs: Jeter

Hits: Jeter

Doubles: Jeter

Triples: Jeter

HR's: Morneau

RBI's: Morneau

Total Bases: Morneau

Walks: Jeter

Strike Outs: Morneau

Stolen Bases: Jeter

OBP: Jeter

Slugging: Morneau

Batting Average: Jeter

 

You lead in HR's and you pretty much cover RBI's, total bases and slugging. It's not the Silver Slugger award...

 

I forgot to mention that he won the Gold Glove award at the most scrutinized position in all of sports...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.