Open Job: Pendleton County

Here’s why it matters. Players found out who their coach was or that their coach was leaving or both from social media. It shouldn’t be done that way. Belcher or Ryle got it wrong on it getting out this way.

Why would you assume he didn’t let the players know before hand? No one knows exactly how it went down and in what manner. To say anything definitive to the detriment of Coach Belcher’s character is grossly unfair to a coach who is extremely classy. Forgive me for straying off topic as I know this should be about the open position at Pendleton County.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s why it matters. Players found out who their coach was or that their coach was leaving or both from social media. It shouldn’t be done that way. Belcher or Ryle got it wrong on it getting out this way.

Best as I can tell, Evan Dennison from the Ledger Independent broke the news on social media Sunday morning. He didn't say where he got his info. Could have been Belcher, could have been Ryle, could have been Pendleton County, could have been someone in the know leaking him information. That kind of thing happens.

Sometimes word about news leaks. That's the world we live in. I don't particularly feel bad for players from any school who find out their coach has left from social media for whatever reason. If anything, I hope his players can walk away from that with the lesson learned that hardly anything in this day and age is truly private, so they have to live their lives as mindfully as possible of that.

Social Media is the way of the world. I'm sure the schools/coaches made a formal announcement to players on both sides. However, it always "leaks" on SM first. I didn't see Belcher, Ryle, or PC announcing it on twitter, FB, or Snapchat.

This post appears to want to slam Belcher/Ryle, or both. Just not the case.

Is the PCHS administration going to have an influence in this hire? Or the AD? I’ve heard from reliable sources that this principal is not a major fan of athletics. Just a tolerater of them.

Back to the topic, how about Coach Sowder? He has PC ties.

Chatting with the PC fans at our Brossart-Pendleton baseball game earlier this week, Brent is far and away the people's choice.

He has ties to Pendleton where he was an assistant to Chad Simms, who they would bring back in a heartbeat were they able.

I'd say Brent Sowder is the front-runner.

I don’t believe Coach Biggs is looking for another coaching job but I have been wrong many times before. That would be a good hire but I don’t see it happening.

I think this position will take a special coach. Somebody that can relate to the community and begin a special style to the program.

• 2 weeks later...