Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Pendleton County

Featured Replies

Here’s why it matters. Players found out who their coach was or that their coach was leaving or both from social media. It shouldn’t be done that way. Belcher or Ryle got it wrong on it getting out this way.

 

Why would you assume he didn’t let the players know before hand? No one knows exactly how it went down and in what manner. To say anything definitive to the detriment of Coach Belcher’s character is grossly unfair to a coach who is extremely classy. Forgive me for straying off topic as I know this should be about the open position at Pendleton County.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Here’s why it matters. Players found out who their coach was or that their coach was leaving or both from social media. It shouldn’t be done that way. Belcher or Ryle got it wrong on it getting out this way.

 

Best as I can tell, Evan Dennison from the Ledger Independent broke the news on social media Sunday morning. He didn't say where he got his info. Could have been Belcher, could have been Ryle, could have been Pendleton County, could have been someone in the know leaking him information. That kind of thing happens.

 

Sometimes word about news leaks. That's the world we live in. I don't particularly feel bad for players from any school who find out their coach has left from social media for whatever reason. If anything, I hope his players can walk away from that with the lesson learned that hardly anything in this day and age is truly private, so they have to live their lives as mindfully as possible of that.

Nothing surprises me when you talk about Ryle.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Punctuation

Here’s why it matters. Players found out who their coach was or that their coach was leaving or both from social media. It shouldn’t be done that way. Belcher or Ryle got it wrong on it getting out this way.

 

Social Media is the way of the world. I'm sure the schools/coaches made a formal announcement to players on both sides. However, it always "leaks" on SM first. I didn't see Belcher, Ryle, or PC announcing it on twitter, FB, or Snapchat.

 

This post appears to want to slam Belcher/Ryle, or both. Just not the case.

Back to the topic, how about Coach Sowder? He has PC ties.

Back to the topic, how about Coach Sowder? He has PC ties.

 

That would be an excellent choice.

Is the PCHS administration going to have an influence in this hire? Or the AD? I’ve heard from reliable sources that this principal is not a major fan of athletics. Just a tolerater of them.

Back to the topic, how about Coach Sowder? He has PC ties.

 

Chatting with the PC fans at our Brossart-Pendleton baseball game earlier this week, Brent is far and away the people's choice.

 

He has ties to Pendleton where he was an assistant to Chad Simms, who they would bring back in a heartbeat were they able.

 

I'd say Brent Sowder is the front-runner.

I was told by someone close to the coaching staff that Brent Sowder turned down the job. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I don’t believe Coach Biggs is looking for another coaching job but I have been wrong many times before. That would be a good hire but I don’t see it happening.

 

I think this position will take a special coach. Somebody that can relate to the community and begin a special style to the program.

Any news on this job from the Pc fans.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

What’s the latest from Falmouth? Hearing interviews just happened??

Hear another coach turned it down.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.