Kentucky 62 Houston 58 (NCAA Tournament Sweet 16)

16thBBall Fan

By default 4 other teams had to lose today. I don’t care about winning a meaningless sweet 16 game against Houston, the goal is the win championships. Despite winning this game UK is not making strides towards accomplishing that goal.

They won and advanced. That is making strides to accomplishing that goal. I see this is a pointless conversation with you. Have a good night and Go Cats!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There was literally no chance they were hitting 70 tonight.

Defense matters and Houston is one of the better defensive teams in the country.

I think the stat they showed before the game said that Houston was #1 in FG% and 3PT% defense.

They weren’t hitting 70 because they have zero offense. Houston shouldn’t be able to shut down this team. It will take 85+ to beat Auburn. I’m not sure this team could score 85 against a DII school right now. Defense does matter, but no amount of defense is going to stop Auburn right now.

You do realize the team often works the shot clock down quite a bit which is a major reason they are lower scoring, right?

I don't know how you can watch that game and say they don't have an offense.

They weren’t hitting 70 because they have zero offense. Houston shouldn’t be able to shut down this team. It will take 85+ to beat Auburn. I’m not sure this team could score 85 against a DII school right now. Defense does matter, but no amount of defense is going to stop Auburn right now.

Houston's only given up 70+ five times all year. I'm not sure how only scoring 62 is an indictment of UK's offense.

And to think, some a few months ago were saying he couldn't hit shots when they matter.

I don't understand people in this fanbase. Cal to his 7th Elite Eight in 10 years but people call him an underachiever.

He's done more in 10 years than most schools have done in their history.

By default 4 other teams had to lose today. I don’t care about winning a meaningless sweet 16 game against Houston, the goal is the win championships. Despite winning this game UK is not making strides towards accomplishing that goal.

Duke isn't exactly blowing their opponents out either. Despite that I figure they are still the odds on favorites to win the title. All you have to do is live to play another day.

YES ! That's the way a team finishes a game ! After Houston erased the Cats lead and went up (by three I think?), Washington blocked a shot late and that was followed by Herro's huge 3 pointer. Also after falling behind, the Cats finished the game on a 7-0 run. U.K. dominated the boards by outrebounding Houston by 16 rebounds. Defense also played a big role, making Houston work for every shot / point they had.

Survive and Advance … Auburn's up on Sunday for a trip to the final four....

Barely scraping by is not the goal. A 1 point win is not the same as a blowout win unless it’s the final game. Every time you step on the court, the team you face is better than the previous team you played.

I guess we don't have to worry about Duke winning it all since they have barely scraped by the last two games.