Kentucky 62 Houston 58 (NCAA Tournament Sweet 16)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s not the goal. If that’s the goal then UK is no better than Tennessee who hangs banners for Elite Eights.

The goal is to win. Which winning is what they have done and 60 other teams have failed to do so far. UK is now only 3 wins from Championship number 9. Meaning they are doing exactly what they need to do to accomplish the end goal, and that is win no matter what.

Defensively they are as good as anyone in the country.

They are a really good defensive team, but there’s a reason Tony Bennett and his boys have yet to raise a banner. You have to be able to win in more than one way in order to win a championship.

Yeah UNCs 80 point effort came against the best offensive team in the country. Winning isn’t all that matters. Winning the tournament is all that matters. Tonight’s effort makes me doubt even more their ability to win. Houston is an ok team. UK should be a great team, but they’re not playing like it. Maybe they’ll flip the switch, I hope so.

The best offensive team in the country as you zay has also been beaten by UK twice. The last one being an almost 30 point win by UK. So yes UK knows what they are up against. Which it will definitely be a tough one.

The goal is to win. Which winning is what they have done and 60 other teams have failed to do so far. UK is now only 3 wins from Championship number 9. Meaning they are doing exactly what they need to do to accomplish the end goal, and that is win no matter what.

Barely scraping by is not the goal. A 1 point win is not the same as a blowout win unless it’s the final game. Every time you step on the court, the team you face is better than the previous team you played.

They are a really good defensive team, but there’s a reason Tony Bennett and his boys have yet to raise a banner. You have to be able to win in more than one way in order to win a championship.

I could be wrong but all those Virginia teams in the past that failed werent a top 20 offense. Which like it or not UK is top 20 in the country in both offense and defensive efficiency. So no this UK team is not like those Virginia teams that failed.

The best offensive team in the country as you zay has also been beaten by UK twice. The last one being an almost 30 point win by UK. So yes UK knows what they are up against. Which it will definitely be a tough one.

UK hasn’t played THIS Auburn team. This is not the same team UK played and beat twice. Far from it.

Barely scraping by is not the goal. A 1 point win is not the same as a blowout win unless it’s the final game. Every time you step on the court, the team you face is better than the previous team you played.

Yep and every time the end goal is the same and that is to win. Which they did again today, which four other teams failed to do today.

I could be wrong but all those Virginia teams in the past that failed werent a top 20 offense. Which like it or not UK is top 20 in the country in both offense and defensive efficiency. So no this UK team is not like those Virginia teams that failed.

Yeah over the course of the season UK was playing better offensively than they are right now. UK is not playing at the same level offensively right now as they were in January and February.

Tyler Herro. That is why I said a month ago Herro was one of the ones I wanted taken a shot at the end when we talked about it.

And to think, some a few months ago were saying he couldn't hit shots when they matter.

I don't understand people in this fanbase. Cal to his 7th Elite Eight in 10 years but people call him an underachiever.

Yep and every time the end goal is the same and that is to win. Which they did again today, which four other teams failed to do today.

By default 4 other teams had to lose today. I don’t care about winning a meaningless sweet 16 game against Houston, the goal is the win championships. Despite winning this game UK is not making strides towards accomplishing that goal.

Tyler Herro and PJ are 2 of my favorite players of the Cal era....Dudes just have the “it” I love.

I agree. Love both of them.

We are probably going to get another English Springer Spaniel to go along with Booker. Really good chance that he gets named Herro.

Yeah over the course of the season UK was playing better offensively than they are right now. UK is not playing at the same level offensively right now as they were in January and February.

Wofford PJ didnt play, and tonight they played the best defensive team in the country. So yeah understanable that the offense wasnt going to put up 80 in these.

Chances are UK will have a much better offensive game Sunday. Auburn can create turnovers, but if they dont create turnovers, they can be scored on.

At the end of the day UKs defense will be key again. If Auburn makes 17 threes again it wont matter how well they play offensively.