Kentucky 62 Houston 58 (NCAA Tournament Sweet 16)

16thBBall Fan

Yeah I was crazy last week for suggesting the horrendous offense was a cause for concern... :rolleyes: They had what appeared to me like a healthy PJ, he may not have been 100% but he’s definitely 85-90% and they still only put up 62 points for the 2nd game in a row. This team can’t score. Auburn is the hottest team in the country and they are the best offensive team in the country. Excuse me for not feeling good about this team right now. Wofford and Houston are both solid teams, neither should be able to compete on this stage with UK. Excuse me while I don’t buy that winning is the only thing that matters.

There was literally no chance they were hitting 70 tonight.

Defense matters and Houston is one of the better defensive teams in the country.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@GrantNKY are you still unsatisfied since they only scored 62? Lol jk keep playing great defense and keep making plays on offense when needed.

I do think you will see UK play better on offense on Sunday though.

Yeah I’m not satisfied. This team sucks right now. Another pitiful performance.

Yeah I was crazy last week for suggesting the horrendous offense was a cause for concern... :rolleyes: They had what appeared to me like a healthy PJ, he may not have been 100% but he’s definitely 85-90% and they still only put up 62 points for the 2nd game in a row. This team can’t score. Auburn is the hottest team in the country and they are the best offensive team in the country. Excuse me for not feeling good about this team right now. Wofford and Houston are both solid teams, neither should be able to compete on this stage with UK. Excuse me while I don’t buy that winning is the only thing that matters.

Houston best team defensive team in the nation. Yet UKs offense went on a 7 to 0 run to end it.

Not to mention yes winning is all that matters. UNC scored 80 points but yet their season is now over and UK is still playing. In a one and done setting, winning no matter how it's done is all that matters.

There was literally no chance they were hitting 70 tonight.

Defense matters and Houston is one of the better defensive teams in the country.

They weren’t hitting 70 because they have zero offense. Houston shouldn’t be able to shut down this team. It will take 85+ to beat Auburn. I’m not sure this team could score 85 against a DII school right now. Defense does matter, but no amount of defense is going to stop Auburn right now.

Tempo, that is why that game was low scoring. UK doesnt get in a uptempo game so scoring is going to be lower than other teams. Offensively they are not high scoring but they are efficient. They hang their hats on the defensive end.

They weren’t hitting 70 because they have zero offense. Houston shouldn’t be able to shut down this team. It will take 85+ to beat Auburn. I’m not sure this team could score 85 against a DII school right now. Defense does matter, but no amount of defense is going to stop Auburn right now.

They’ve beaten Auburn twice. It hasn’t taken 85 either time.

It’s crazy now but he’s really the only guy to do it. Keldon I trust less, Tyler forces too many but is the best pure shooter.

The thing I like most is he wants that shot at the end. He is not afraid of the moment. He might not always make it, but you can't be scared of possibly missing. He definitely isnt scared and wants to take it.

Maybe so. Just call it like I see it. I don’t claim to be an expert, I just don’t think this team is playing anywhere near a championship level right now.

Well they are playing at a more Championship level than 60 other teams that were in this tournament.

Houston best team defensive team in the nation. Yet UKs offense went on a 7 to 0 run to end it.

Not to mention yes winning is all that matters. UNC scored 80 points but yet their season is now over and UK is still playing. In a one and done setting, winning no matter how it's done is all that matters.

Yeah UNCs 80 point effort came against the best offensive team in the country. Winning isn’t all that matters. Winning the tournament is all that matters. Tonight’s effort makes me doubt even more their ability to win. Houston is an ok team. UK should be a great team, but they’re not playing like it. Maybe they’ll flip the switch, I hope so.

Well they are playing at a more Championship level than 60 other teams that were in this tournament.

That’s not the goal. If that’s the goal then UK is no better than Tennessee who hangs banners for Elite Eights.

Tempo, that is why that game was low scoring. UK doesnt get in a uptempo game so scoring is going to be lower than other teams. Offensively they are not high scoring but they are efficient. They hang their hats on the defensive end.

UK doesn’t go uptempo out of necessity. They can’t score enough to play uptempo. They go uptempo, they lose. Auburn will force them to go uptempo.