March 26, 20197 yr He comes across as a real turd. Arkansas fans have been longing for a return to the program they had in the early 90's. Interested to see who they will target.
March 26, 20197 yr He comes across as a real turd. Arkansas fans have been longing for a return to the program they had in the early 90's. Interested to see who they will target. A lot of talk circling Kelvin Sampson.
March 27, 20197 yr A lot of talk circling Kelvin Sampson. Interesting. How long has he been at Houston?
March 27, 20197 yr That's at least 4 SEC coaches gone now....including Vandy, A&M, Bama. In all probability, there will be a fifth in the not so distant future.
March 27, 20197 yr A lot of talk circling Kelvin Sampson. Other than money, which granted is a big reason, is there any other reason for Sampson to go to Arkansas. Heard this morning that Arkansas hasn't been to the second weekend of the tourney since 1996.
March 27, 20197 yr A lot of talk circling Kelvin Sampson. A proven winner, but comes with some baggage. There is no doubt, he knows the game. Would be a winning hire, IMHO.
March 29, 20197 yr A lot of talk circling Kelvin Sampson. No, if I was Arkansas I wouldn't touch him. Too much baggage.
March 29, 20197 yr No, if I was Arkansas I wouldn't touch him. Too much baggage. People said the same thing about John Calipari, and is the main reason why UK hired Billy G after Tubby and never considered Cal that time around. I think it turned out well for the Cats. UK took a chance by going after Cal that things that happened to his teams at previous schools, wouldn't happen at UK. They were willing to risk that to get a top coach who can win at a high level. For Arkansas Kelvin Sampson would be the best coach they probably could get, if he would even leave for there from Houston. So I definitely think they should get him if they can.
March 30, 20197 yr People said the same thing about John Calipari, and is the main reason why UK hired Billy G after Tubby and never considered Cal that time around. I think it turned out well for the Cats. UK took a chance by going after Cal that things that happened to his teams at previous schools, wouldn't happen at UK. They were willing to risk that to get a top coach who can win at a high level. For Arkansas Kelvin Sampson would be the best coach they probably could get, if he would even leave for there from Houston. So I definitely think they should get him if they can. I get what your saying and respect your opinion. But it's not as black and white as that to me as far as your analogy goes. Cal was never actually found of any type of wrong doing. But Sampson was and had a show cause put on him, similar to Bruce Pearl. Personally I think they're all really good coaches, but hiring a Pearl or Sampson is a bit more of a risk than hiring Cal, given the show cause issue. In other words if you hire a coach that has a prior show cause against them and they do something to get in trouble again, your program is gonna get hammered. To me it's a bit different than hiring a Cal or Roy Williams that has been accused of wrong doings but never found guilty.
March 30, 20197 yr I get what your saying and respect your opinion. But it's not as black and white as that to me as far as your analogy goes. Cal was never actually found of any type of wrong doing. But Sampson was and had a show cause put on him, similar to Bruce Pearl. Personally I think they're all really good coaches, but hiring a Pearl or Sampson is a bit more of a risk than hiring Cal, given the show cause issue. In other words if you hire a coach that has a prior show cause against them and they do something to get in trouble again, your program is gonna get hammered. To me it's a bit different than hiring a Cal or Roy Williams that has been accused of wrong doings but never found guilty. Fair enough but Auburn just proved why you give a guy like that a chance. He has Auburn of all teams one win away from the final four now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.