Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brannen steps down at Walton-Verona

Featured Replies

Is this a good job? How are the young teams in Walton?

 

Depends on how you want to define good job, might be another 40 years before they have another run like they have had over the 3/4 years.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized I had WV in the title.

 

Abbreviations are tough but I cleaned it up @NEERFAN

  • Author
Abbreviations are tough but I cleaned it up @NEERFAN

 

As soon as I saw the - I knew the job had been done.:thumb:

Is this a good job? How are the young teams in Walton?

 

For the right coach it could be a nice small-school job. They will always be in the mix to qualify for the All-A (which is what all the small schools in the 8th realistically shoot for to make their season a success).

 

From the outside looking in I don't think they have anything comparable coming to what they've had the last few years. Talent is cyclical in small schools. The next few years will be lean...beyond that it is difficult to predict.

Grant was successful at NCC and I believe it was surprising when he left there for Walton Verona. If I remember correctly, I think he then stated it was more of a "what's best for the family" move. I'm sure he's in a similar situation with this and he's doing what is best at this time. Great coach.

 

I have always wondered though if he would ever join his brother's staff at NKU. Something to consider also. Good luck to Grant in his endeavors.

 

I see this is a "Terry Boehmker article" and Terry has acted as a shill in the past for some of the NKY schools so good luck getting anything of substance from him.

 

I did see this in the article:

 

Brannen turned in his coaching resignation Monday morning and plans to continue teaching at Walton-Verona, according to an email from athletic director Kyle Bennett. A text message requesting an interview was sent to Brannen at 10:20 p.m. Monday, but he did not respond.

 

============

 

My gut feeling is there is a lot more to this decision than is being reported.

 

Anyone?

Grant was successful at NCC and I believe it was surprising when he left there for Walton Verona. If I remember correctly, I think he then stated it was more of a "what's best for the family" move. I'm sure he's in a similar situation with this and he's doing what is best at this time. Great coach.

 

I have always wondered though if he would ever join his brother's staff at NKU. Something to consider also. Good luck to Grant in his endeavors.

 

My first thought was that he may be joining his brothers staff, at his new school. He’s rumored for a few big jobs.

 

My gut feeling is there is a lot more to this decision than is being reported.

 

 

 

Anyone?

 

My source says yes.

I had heard this was going to happen before the postseason began so that would align with a “best for family” decision.

 

I wonder if the JV coach (Borkowski) has interest in trying to become the head coach.

Would be a great job for a coach that enjoys leading and coaching small schools. Its a perfect fit for some. A couple of coaches in the Independence area that I know would love this job.

He would be a giant steal for Ryle but I believe he’s destined for the next level...

 

Who knows maybe he’s even replacing his brother at NKU whose rumored for a couple big jobs like Alabama & Vandy...

He would be a giant steal for Ryle but I believe he’s destined for the next level...

 

Who knows maybe he’s even replacing his brother at NKU whose rumored for a couple big jobs like Alabama & Vandy...

 

Really, 100 % unlikely that NKU hires a HS coach with no prior college coaching experience.

I had heard this was going to happen before the postseason began so that would align with a “best for family” decision.

 

I wonder if the JV coach (Borkowski) has interest in trying to become the head coach.

 

Coach Borkowski also resigned.

Coach Borkowski also resigned.

 

Any idea why Coach Borkowski resigned and if the reason(s) Borkowski resigned had anything to do with the reason(s) Coach Brannen resigned?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.