Brannen steps down at Walton-Verona

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a good job? How are the young teams in Walton?

For the right coach it could be a nice small-school job. They will always be in the mix to qualify for the All-A (which is what all the small schools in the 8th realistically shoot for to make their season a success).

From the outside looking in I don't think they have anything comparable coming to what they've had the last few years. Talent is cyclical in small schools. The next few years will be lean...beyond that it is difficult to predict.

Grant was successful at NCC and I believe it was surprising when he left there for Walton Verona. If I remember correctly, I think he then stated it was more of a "what's best for the family" move. I'm sure he's in a similar situation with this and he's doing what is best at this time. Great coach.

I have always wondered though if he would ever join his brother's staff at NKU. Something to consider also. Good luck to Grant in his endeavors.

I see this is a "Terry Boehmker article" and Terry has acted as a shill in the past for some of the NKY schools so good luck getting anything of substance from him.

I did see this in the article:

Brannen turned in his coaching resignation Monday morning and plans to continue teaching at Walton-Verona, according to an email from athletic director Kyle Bennett. A text message requesting an interview was sent to Brannen at 10:20 p.m. Monday, but he did not respond.

============

My gut feeling is there is a lot more to this decision than is being reported.

Anyone?

Grant was successful at NCC and I believe it was surprising when he left there for Walton Verona. If I remember correctly, I think he then stated it was more of a "what's best for the family" move. I'm sure he's in a similar situation with this and he's doing what is best at this time. Great coach.

I have always wondered though if he would ever join his brother's staff at NKU. Something to consider also. Good luck to Grant in his endeavors.

My first thought was that he may be joining his brothers staff, at his new school. He’s rumored for a few big jobs.

Would be a great job for a coach that enjoys leading and coaching small schools. Its a perfect fit for some. A couple of coaches in the Independence area that I know would love this job.

He would be a giant steal for Ryle but I believe he’s destined for the next level...

Who knows maybe he’s even replacing his brother at NKU whose rumored for a couple big jobs like Alabama & Vandy...

Really, 100 % unlikely that NKU hires a HS coach with no prior college coaching experience.