Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mick Cronin...time to go?

Featured Replies

I just read an article that Cronin and TCU's Jamie Dixon are the two leading candidates for the UCLA job.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read an article that Cronin and TCU's Jamie Dixon are the two leading candidates for the UCLA job.

 

Dixon won't make the same mistake his former boss did, and I don't see Cronin leaving his comfortable position.

Dixon won't make the same mistake his former boss did, and I don't see Cronin leaving his comfortable position.

 

Probably not but the article did say that Cronin did sit down and talk with UCLA last week.

Zero chance he goes to Bama. Only possibility I see is UCLA. If not, UC fans will have to suffer through another 30 win season next year.

 

Well. Here we are.

I can understand Mick having interest. I am intrested in seeing what he could do at a program like UCLA.

Sheesh. Alford couldn’t last at UCLA with Sweet Sixteens, how long would Cronin’s annual first weekend exits buy him?

I can understand Mick having interest. I am intrested in seeing what he could do at a program like UCLA.

 

I’m sure he wants a raise regardless. He should absolutely use interest to his advantage.

I believe all these nay-sayers are incorrect. Not to say that he couldn't be a little less negative, Mick Cronin doesn't sugar-coat how he feels and tells the truth. He is an excellent coach who is successful with less than top talent. I'l bet he will continue to be successful in any of the open coaching positions he is rumored to be in the running for if he does leave UC.

If he does leave UC should take a chance and get Rick Pitino back in basketball. As long as the NCAA doesn't put some type of punishment on him, he definitely would be an interesting hire. Plus he already has been at two schools around this area in UK and UL, might as well add UC to the list.

If he does leave UC should take a chance and get Rick Pitino back in basketball. As long as the NCAA doesn't put some type of punishment on him, he definitely would be an interesting hire. Plus he already has been at two schools around this area in UK and UL, might as well add UC to the list.

 

Not even Jeff Wyler can afford Pitino.

Not even Jeff Wyler can afford Pitino.

 

Ha, I wonder if Jeff has returned calls about giving Mick a raise?

  • Author

Saw Cronin's name in an article about the open Virginia Tech job. That would be a nice step up for him, moving to the ACC.

Saw Cronin's name in an article about the open Virginia Tech job. That would be a nice step up for him, moving to the ACC.

 

Mick has trouble recruiting at UC, would he be any better at V Tech?

  • Author
Mick has trouble recruiting at UC, would he be any better at V Tech?

 

Much easier to sell ACC national TV exposure than regional AAC TV exposure.

Much easier to sell ACC national TV exposure than regional AAC TV exposure.

 

Totally agree, but it's also harder to win in the ACC than the AAC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.