Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mick Cronin...time to go?

Featured Replies

I guess. So Brian Kelly and Butch Jones Used Cincinnati as a steppingstone.

 

Dantonio to Michigan State. Looking back at UC's coaches, if they had much success they weren't around for a long time. Huggins kinda reminds me of Cronin in that they both had a great relationship with the school; Huggins maybe more so the fans. Huggins big issue with the school was his players getting in trouble off the court and a very low percentage of players actually graduating. I think Huggins would have gone somewhere else sooner had he not had the issues he did with players while at UC.

 

It's just seemed like UC is often times a stepping stone for coaches if they were successful or don't have baggage. Kind of like UK in football really.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dantonio to Michigan State. Looking back at UC's coaches, if they had much success they weren't around for a long time. Huggins kinda reminds me of Cronin in that they both had a great relationship with the school; Huggins maybe more so the fans. Huggins big issue with the school was his players getting in trouble off the court and a very low percentage of players actually graduating. I think Huggins would have gone somewhere else sooner had he not had the issues he did with players while at UC.

 

It's just seemed like UC is often times a stepping stone for coaches if they were successful or don't have baggage. Kind of like UK in football really.

 

Huggs had opportunities to leave UC pretty much every year during his time there. Especially the first 8 years or so. He declined them all. Very much revisionist history to say he stayed because he didn't have a choice. UC basketball is a big time job. Football has only been relevant since the turn of the century, so it is a stepping stone.

Dantonio to Michigan State. Looking back at UC's coaches, if they had much success they weren't around for a long time. Huggins kinda reminds me of Cronin in that they both had a great relationship with the school; Huggins maybe more so the fans. Huggins big issue with the school was his players getting in trouble off the court and a very low percentage of players actually graduating. I think Huggins would have gone somewhere else sooner had he not had the issues he did with players while at UC.

 

It's just seemed like UC is often times a stepping stone for coaches if they were successful or don't have baggage. Kind of like UK in football really.

 

I would not consider Michigan State a better job. But lets say it is, that means in the past twenty or so years we have had three football coaches leave and we have Minter and Tuberville (I think we had another coach at UC somewhere in there as well but I forget who).

 

In Basketball we fired one coach (Huggs), Fired/insulted another (Kennedy), and now we have Cronin.

 

But that is the profession, you either fire your coach or they leave to go somewhere else. Not many schools keep the same head basketball or football coach around for twenty years.

 

 

But yes, I think Coach Cronin needs to go. He is negative and blames referees and his own players for everything.

 

When I think of the Xavier/UC brawl about 9 years ago, I do think he demonstrated a lot of professionalism in how he handled it as opposed to Chris Mack.

Absolutely zero doubt Michigan State and Tennessee are better football jobs than UC. Better pay, better facilities and significantly better football conferences.

Zero chance he goes to Bama. Only possibility I see is UCLA. If not, UC fans will have to suffer through another 30 win season next year.

 

I doubt that. Even so, will be one and done in the tourney again.

Dantonio to Michigan State. Looking back at UC's coaches, if they had much success they weren't around for a long time. Huggins kinda reminds me of Cronin in that they both had a great relationship with the school; Huggins maybe more so the fans. Huggins big issue with the school was his players getting in trouble off the court and a very low percentage of players actually graduating. I think Huggins would have gone somewhere else sooner had he not had the issues he did with players while at UC.

 

It's just seemed like UC is often times a stepping stone for coaches if they were successful or don't have baggage. Kind of like UK in football really.

 

UC imo is not a stepping stone job at all for people in college basketball. Xavier has been used as a stepping stone, UC not so much. UC typically is a job people would want and stay at. Usually it would take like true blue blood schools to get them to leave. Which is why I dont think UC bball is a stepping stone job at all.

Huggs had opportunities to leave UC pretty much every year during his time there. Especially the first 8 years or so. He declined them all. Very much revisionist history to say he stayed because he didn't have a choice. UC basketball is a big time job. Football has only been relevant since the turn of the century, so it is a stepping stone.

 

I would not consider Michigan State a better job. But lets say it is, that means in the past twenty or so years we have had three football coaches leave and we have Minter and Tuberville (I think we had another coach at UC somewhere in there as well but I forget who).

 

In Basketball we fired one coach (Huggs), Fired/insulted another (Kennedy), and now we have Cronin.

 

But that is the profession, you either fire your coach or they leave to go somewhere else. Not many schools keep the same head basketball or football coach around for twenty years.

 

 

But yes, I think Coach Cronin needs to go. He is negative and blames referees and his own players for everything.

 

When I think of the Xavier/UC brawl about 9 years ago, I do think he demonstrated a lot of professionalism in how he handled it as opposed to Chris Mack.

 

I will give you guys that. I think it's one of those things where in my mind there's been more turn over than there really has. It's also been in the past decade and not two or three decades. I think that means I'm getting old.

 

I would like to see UC get back to being relevant come tournament time. @gametime is UC in the AAC for the foreseeable future or is there any chance they get into a Power 5 conference here in the near future.?

If Cumberland leaves, Mick is gonna be in a tough spot next year. The question might answer itself.

If Cumberland leaves, Mick is gonna be in a tough spot next year. The question might answer itself.

 

Same thing was said about Evans last year. Mick won 28 games in a "rebuilding year" instead. Keep swinging JA. You'll connect eventually.

I will give you guys that. I think it's one of those things where in my mind there's been more turn over than there really has. It's also been in the past decade and not two or three decades. I think that means I'm getting old.

 

I would like to see UC get back to being relevant come tournament time. @gametime is UC in the AAC for the foreseeable future or is there any chance they get into a Power 5 conference here in the near future.?

 

Unless something crazy happens, I don't see any movement on the realignment front for another 4-5 years. I do expect things to get crazy again in 2023 or so, but a lot can happen in terms of how we consume content between now and then.

Unless something crazy happens, I don't see any movement on the realignment front for another 4-5 years. I do expect things to get crazy again in 2023 or so, but a lot can happen in terms of how we consume content between now and then.

 

I know this isn't possible, and probably wouldnt make sense financially either. However I wish we could see UC football go independent, and UC move back into the Big East.

I know this isn't possible, and probably wouldnt make sense financially either. However I wish we could see UC football go independent, and UC move back into the Big East.

 

You're right. It's an insanely terrible idea.

You're right. It's an insanely terrible idea.

 

I just would love to see UC in a better conference again. Even it had to be just basketball. So hopefully maybe that can happen eventually like in 2023 like you mentioned how that may be a year conferences change again.

Unless something crazy happens, I don't see any movement on the realignment front for another 4-5 years. I do expect things to get crazy again in 2023 or so, but a lot can happen in terms of how we consume content between now and then.

 

Is that due to TV contracts with ESPN/Conference network subscriptions? The landscape for how people watch has definitely changed drastically of late. I've seen folks at stop lights watching games this year.

This will sound like a crazy question, but I think it is legitimate. If Mick were 6'1", would people like him more?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.