Out of Play...Still #1

patb63

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night I laughingly asked a buddy if he thought Trinity would pass St. X in the rankings... I guess not! If I ever thought these ratings had credibility I would be upset, but this is just further proof Litkenhouse is a room of chimps dressed like people throwing darts at a board.

I don't think it's evidence against the Litkenhous at all. My opinion all year has been that Male is the best team in the state, and Trinity would defeat them in the third round.

X being rated #2 is a better example that the Lit might be flawed.

In the past I have defended the Lit ratings in the second half of the season as they seemed to always work themselves out. But this year takes the cake. A close loss to Male resulting in Male sqeeking out the number one spot...maybe. But St.X? The Tigers lost to Trinity and Male twice, and now the Rocks have defeated the team that defeated X. This poll makes the BCS look logical. I wonder how much imput Earl Cox has on the Lit rankings?

I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt for another week. I have a theory that IF Trinity beats HC then wins the Championship, then what may happen is that the ratings will turn out Trinity and Male as the best two teams in the state which is what most of us have said all year long, anyway.

I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt for another week. I have a theory that IF Trinity beats HC then wins the Championship, then what may happen is that the ratings will turn out Trinity and Male as the best two teams in the state which is what most of us have said all year long, anyway.

I wouldn't be so quick to give the Lit ranking the benefit of the doubt. The Lit ranking folks just may factor in any scores that Male and X players score in the Louisville East/West All-Star game Friday.:lol:

I wouldn't be so quick to give the Lit ranking the benefit of the doubt. The Lit ranking folks just may factor in any scores that Male and X players score in the Louisville East/West All-Star game Friday.:lol:

Ya know, LSU, you're probably right! I think a reader who posted on the CJ site said it best..."Trinity is now the Rodney Dangerfield of 4-A football"!!