Cubster

Who wins?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry 27 Russell 14. I will be pulling for the Devils but also have a lot of respect for Belfry and "the bone"! What a program they have along with Russell. This one should be a classic.
What? I believe everyone in Russell was pulling for Raceland last week and on here we were also predicting the score to go your way.:creepy:I remember now why Russell & Raceland was always a big rivalry- I am glad they decided to bring this one back see you next year. Russell by 14..

I dont know where the new field is at.

As well. Does anyone know the address of the new stadium. I typed in the school address off of KHSAA and printed out the directions from the KY side and the directions if I come down US 52 on the WV side.

Which one is the best. The KY side says it's 40 miles longer (124 to 84) but only 22 minutes longer (2 hr 40 min to 2 hr 18 min)

I'm going to have to go with Russell in this one. I have seen both teams play and I feel that Russell is the better team between the two. Belfry has had a hard time holding on to the ball this season and Russell with take advantage on this.

Russell 28

Belfry 13

Travel the WV side.

Stay on US52 all the way through Kermit and another 10 miles or so, you will dead end into US119. Turn left on 119 and follow that past Williamson, WV. You will actually cross back and forth from WV to KY a couple of times along the way.

After you pass Williamson, you will go about 2 miles and the new school will be on your left. When you pass Wal Mart, you should be able to see the school ahead. It truly is a "can't miss". Coming that way , you come to the new school about 3 miles before you come to the old school and Vipperman.

Be safe, have a good trip down.

Travel the WV side.

Stay on US52 all the way through Kermit and another 10 miles or so, you will dead end into US119. Turn left on 119 and follow that past Williamson, WV. You will actually cross back and forth from WV to KY a couple of times along the way.

After you pass Williamson, you will go about 2 miles and the new school will be on your left. When you pass Wal Mart, you should be able to see the school ahead. It truly is a "can't miss". Coming that way , you come to the new school about 3 miles before you come to the old school and Vipperman.

Be safe, have a good trip down.

Sure that's the way the 88' Tomcats took to hand an UNDEFEATED Belfry team their 1st loss. The TOMCATS then went to Flatwoods to meet the Red Devils agian to win the Region!!! Only to fall to the State Champion Covington Catholic 0-6.

The better route for most Russell fans is to go South on US 23 to Pikeville and then turn left at the Super Wal-Mart. Follow that road to Belfry and it will take you about 2 hours.

You've really put a bur in this T-cat's tail Watusi:fire:

Sure that's the way the 88' Tomcats took to hand an UNDEFEATED Belfry team their 1st loss. The TOMCATS then went to Flatwoods to meet the Red Devils agian to win the Region!!! Only to fall to the State Champion Covington Catholic 0-6.

The better route for most Russell fans is to go South on US 23 to Pikeville and then turn left at the Super Wal-Mart. Follow that road to Belfry and it will take you about 2 hours.

You've really put a bur in this T-cat's tail Watusi:fire:

That's probably the easiest route, but the one Watusi gave is definitely the quickest.

I guess you are saying that on a bus, traveling down U.S. 52 isn't that great of a trip. I wouldn't really argue that, but in a family sized vehicle the passage is fine, imo.

Sure that's the way the 88' Tomcats took to hand an UNDEFEATED Belfry team their 1st loss.

I dont believe Belfry was undefeated when Ashland took us out in '88. I believe that team had actually lost 1 or 2 games going into the playoffs. I know the "dominate" Pikeville teams of that era actually beat Belfry in '87 and '88 thus ending any hopes of an undefeated season. BTW the trip on US 52 is much shorter but you're right the trip on US 23 is much easier on the stomach.:thumb: