Cubster

Who wins?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be webcast of WXCC from Belfry Pirate land. The play by play guy is excellent (he is actually a Pikeville guy, so only slightly homerish) and the color guy (is a homer) but really isn't that bad. He gets a little excitied when Belfry makes a play, but makes a conscious effort to give credit when the opponent does a nice job.

Tune in LangerCat!

It will be webcast of WXCC from Belfry Pirate land. The play by play guy is excellent (he is actually a Pikeville guy, so only slightly homerish) and the color guy (is a homer) but really isn't that bad. He gets a little excitied when Belfry makes a play, but makes a conscious effort to give credit when the opponent does a nice job.

Tune in LangerCat!

When I have tuned in, it has been Bobby Norman (Belfry grad) doing the play by play and Joe Kinzer (WV guy) doing the color on the broadcasts. I think Royce Mayo (ties to Belfry and Pikeville) helped out this past week.

They are a good team, and the play by play is as good as you will hear anywhere. :thumb:

Norman is VERY good. Watusi, I didn't even realize the guy was a Belfry guy. He is VERY impartial and frankly a great play by play guy. I doubt he has any hopes, but I think he is honestly better than many college guys I have heard.

The thing that make me want to cry is that I can't watch the games. I won't even make it this week.... ( Constitutional Law simply looms too large to make the 4 1/2 hour trip each way)

My dad is there for me though.

For those of you outside of the Belfry family. I have "seriously" considered lying to my fiance (who I marry in less than a month) to go to this game.

I will listen online. I will be dang envious of those who can attend!

Go Pirates! Play hard, play solid, take State!

I think its going to require russell to goto the pass alot, atleast 20 times to win this game, belfry will be stacking the box like corbin and running alot of stunts, shotgun would be nice to give jones sometime to throw, dont see that happening though, just wishful thinking. 5 guys however cannot block 7-9 guys if they man up with the corners.

also, is there any buses being charted by russell? Im thinking of taking one, and saving on some gas, plus I dont know where the new field is at.

How has Belfry's D Line faired against line with size. Also can your D line come off big people ,run down the wing t and make plays ... In 2004 you folks had a kid #37 - d line ,that wasn't very big but ran sideline to sideline and really got some good hits on Gross .. Is your line as talented as that kid ..

I think this is one of the best defensive backfield Belfry has fielded in years...

They are quick to get to the ball, and make hits... As long as they keep wraping up, and not arm tackling... But last few weeks, they have been locked & loaded... Lee, Kohari, & others have been instrumental...

One thing this team does, that Belfry is known for is hit, and they HIT HARD..

I think its going to require russell to goto the pass alot, atleast 20 times to win this game, belfry will be stacking the box like corbin and running alot of stunts, shotgun would be nice to give jones sometime to throw, dont see that happening though, just wishful thinking. 5 guys however cannot block 7-9 guys if they man up with the corners.

also, is there any buses being charted by russell? Im thinking of taking one, and saving on some gas, plus I dont know where the new field is at.

Belfry won't stack the box.. they will stay in their base 5-2 all game. You may see Belfry move their safeties closer.. but you won't be seeing no 10 man in the box junk defense.

This match up is a true classic. IMO, the keys are:

1. Size vs. Speed. Russell's O-Line is mammoth. I look for Belfry to play a straight "52"...but possibly use an occasional stunt technique to emphasize our speed. If Russell is consistenly finding themselves in 2nd and shorts...3rd and shorts..could be a long night for the Pirates.

2. Chapman/Epling vs. Russell's cornerbacks. May very well be "the matchup" of the game. While not slow...Russell's CB's are by no means speed demons..and they'll be pushed to contain Belfry's outside game.

Belfry fared well against an overall quicker and bigger Middlesboro team. However, rest assured....Russell will be much better coached...better prepared...and in a better position to put up one holy fight.

Home field advantage played a role last year.....will that be the case in 2006??

This game has the feel of the old Steelers/Cowboys games in the 70's. A True, Legitimate Classic.

You've gotta love High School Football.

I'm surprised Belfry is leading this poll.

They came in ranked 7th, way behind Russell, Mercer and Middlesboro.

And now they are being picked over the Red Devils.

Homerism....More Belfry people on the site, plus a lot of area folks who are out of the playoffs are pulling for the Pirates.

BTW...I showed my homerism and voted for the Pirates.:D

Homerism....More Belfry people on the site, plus a lot of area folks who are out of the playoffs are pulling for the Pirates.

BTW...I showed my homerism and voted for the Pirates.:D

You beat me to it. There are alot of Belfry fans on here.

This game really is a tossup. I picked Russell of course but it could go either way.

Its actually closer than I thought it would be.