Kentucky 57 Miami OH 46

romeo 4 president

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that God for the freshmen.

I beleive thank God for the freshman. They are only going to grow. Steveson looked really good, but UK needs to look to utilize his skills more offensively just by positioning him in better spots (his defense is good). I think UK finally made a match for Morris with Stevenson. Morris is a bruiser and Stevenson is so athletic and can jump out of the gym. Meeks will be a player on this team. If Bradley wants to keep his starting role, he just better look to run the offense rather than try to be the offense. Crawford will be the go to guy. My question is, WHERE WAS PERRY???

I beleive thank God for the freshman. They are only going to grow. Steveson looked really good, but UK needs to look to utilize his skills more offensively just by positioning him in better spots (his defense is good). I think UK finally made a match for Morris with Stevenson. Morris is a bruiser and Stevenson is so athletic and can jump out of the gym. Meeks will be a player on this team. If Bradley wants to keep his starting role, he just better look to run the offense rather than try to be the offense. Crawford will be the go to guy. My question is, WHERE WAS PERRY???

Touching on the points you alluded to...

- I was really suprised at Stevenson quickness on the interior, offensively. Not exactly a great finisher yet, but a lot quicker than I expected. Once he learns to attach the rim properly, he is going to be tough to stop.

- Morris HAS to stay on the floor. The foul situation is in the referees heads, they expect fouls, and he has to know he is bound to pick up some cheap ones. He is tough to guard if he gets the ball down low.

- The PG play is going to kill UK. Ramel, I just do not think will be able to do it. He needs to be utilized, but at PG, I just do not know. It will be a little while before Jasper feels totally comfortable running the show.

- As far as Perry... QUIET. He nailed the two three pointers, and I am not sure if he took another shot the rest of the night. He played some solid defense and never killed UK, but the kid has to consistently put up 12-15 points a night... I have faith in his ability (once he got the layup thing down :D ).

Defense was poor all the way around. Way too much penetration allowed. Even Stevenson has trouble guarding out on the floor. Fortunately, he's a freak and can swat shots so that will be the saving grace. He's amazing in his ability to get off the floor so quickly.

The press looked terrible. It led to easy shots. The zone was was like swiss cheese.

Small lineup looked solid.

Meeks is ready to play right now.

Joe C. has a chance to play in the NBA with his ability to pull up and hit the shot.

C- would be the grade.

I bet there was more people in Rupp Arena tonight then there will be in Commonwealth Stadium Saturday when the bowl eligible Cats take on Louisiana Monroe!!

Besides being painfully incorrect I'm not exactly sure what the implication is.

A win is a win and that is about all I can say about this one. Imo Bradley HAS to cut down on his turnovers (I believe that he had 6 tonight), We HAVE to rebound better. I think that Stevenson looked very impresive on the defensive end with the blocked shots. Crawford loked pretty good. Imo this UK team will get much better as the season goes on. I did like the hustle and effort for the most part that they were showing. Just need to get into more of an offensive flow and I believe that we will do that.