Kentucky 57 Miami OH 46

romeo 4 president

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just really interested to see how he does when we have to play against UNC and their nice frontline...

I know I really hope he can swat away some of Wrights shots since he decided to not come here...:D

There is no doubt he's going to be tested early and often. If I can look back to my thoughts on Kenyon at that point, it's going to be a tough but productive road...

After the first two scrimmages everyone was thinking this could be a good year for Uk. I still believe this. They struggled early but came back and got the win. Miami was hitting on all cylinders early. Once UK got the lead they held on. Sure they didn't win by 30, but they did win. I think it was more of first game nerves. I look for a big win tonight and good momentm going to Maui.

Bradley would be a better PG if we would open it up a little. He is not a half court PG, he is from the playground in NY. His game is in the open court as are many others. We waste possessions on the offensive end by pounding the dribble and standing around.

We are going to play more uptempo this year, remember. Guys everyone needs to settle down. It has only been 9 years and 1 game. Give Tubby a chance, he will open up the offense I feel certain of it. I still think he can make Orbzut a player. Plus any day now Morris may act like he gives a hoot.

3,000+ empty seat for the season opener, that should tell you something.

I read an article in the Ashland paper this morning about Orbzut. Everyone believes that he has always played facing the basket. Have we ever tried to use him in a way that utilizes his background? Mark Pope played the 5 and faced the basket a lot.

Or did we just recruit him because he is 7 ft tall? If so is this the same reason for Alleyne, Carter, new recruit Williams I believe. It seems like our benchmark for recruiting is height and so far no one has jumped on me too bad about my statement that these guys being that tall are not grabbing more than a couple of boards per game.

I realize it was just the first game, but here was my reaction. I took my boys to see Facing the Giants on Wednesday because it would be the only opportunity we would get. I rushed back to the car to check the score of the UK game in hopes of hearing and with 5 minutes to go the score is UK 70, I didn't care what Miami had at that point. What I heard was something like UK 45. I immediately lost interest in the game didn't stay up and watch it, no need. UK games are like soap operas you can not watch for an extended period of time and not miss much of anything at all.