Kentucky 57 Miami OH 46

romeo 4 president

:laugh: Wow I really wish I could have saw that, because that would have been hilarious to hear. I know I am cracking up laughing right now just from what you told me about it..:lol:

Stevenson definately blocks shots like a freak show. He was getting way up above the rim on several of those blocks. Even when he didn't block the shots, the players were shooting rainbows that went way up above the backboard to get it over his hand.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevenson definately blocks shots like a freak show. He was getting way up above the rim on several of those blocks. Even when he didn't block the shots, the players were shooting rainbows that went way up above the backboard to get it over his hand.

Yeah I know! He is something that UK has been missing for awhile, and that is someone that make people alter their shots when they go inside. I know the last couple of years, teams really haven't had to really worry about going inside and getting their shot blocked, but now we got someone down there that can really help out on defense...:thumb:

Yeah I know! He is something that UK has been missing for awhile, and that is someone that make people alter their shots when they go inside. I know the last couple of years, teams really haven't had to really worry about going inside and getting their shot blocked, but now we got someone down there that can really help out on defense...:thumb:

While I was disappointed in our offensive flow and tempo, I will admit that Miami (OH) is a pretty decent opening game test. They have a good, fundamentally sound team, which is always tough in the early season.

Where in the 8 year trend have we only scored 50 to 60 points every game? I know if that was true it would have been very hard for us to ever win anything in the SEC or be #1 seeds, or be double overtimes away from final four apparences.

I dont know for sure but I dont think we have ever averaged anything less than 70 points at the least during Tubbys tenure...

It seemed like in 02/03 season they averaged around 60 points or so. They might not have, but that's what it seemed like. I went and watched them play Auburn and it was like 56-48 or something like that. It was so boring to watch. And it seemed like all their games were like that.

While I was disappointed in our offensive flow and tempo, I will admit that Miami (OH) is a pretty decent opening game test. They have a good, fundamentally sound team, which is always tough in the early season.

:thumb: I admit are offense didn't look sharp at all. In the exhibition games they were going inside and just sharing the ball, and this created many good open shots. But this game they would just look inside at Morris and never pass it, and then they all really just seemed to settle for taking tough contested jump shots instead of penetrating and making the extra pass. It just seemed like they all were trying to do to much on their own last night. Hopefully since it was just the first game though that it was just because of nerves kind of and people trying to do to much. I know I really think that this years team will end up being a really good team. We might start off a little slow, especially with the tough schedule early on, but I think once these players settle in, and Tubby finds a set rotation to use. Then this team will be just fine...

]It seemed like in 02/03 season they averaged around 60 points or so.[/b] They might not have, but that's what it seemed like. I went and watched them play Auburn and it was like 56-48 or something like that. It was so boring to watch. And it seemed like all their games were like that.

I dont think that is true at all...I mean the 02/03 season was the year that we blew out #1 Florida, and was the favorite to win the NCAA tournament, and I dont think a team that averages around 60 points a game would ever be favorite to win the NCAA Tournament.

Now I could be wrong but I thought I saw something awhile back that showed the ppg average over the years and I thought it was atleast over 70 every year under Tubby...

With Bradley at the point, I think this team is in trouble.

Why is that? He has made one start ever now at the PG spot. I know everyone loves Jasper and he is going to be a great PG someday for us, but I think if he starts our offense would probably be worse. Because if we have both Jasper and Stevenson starting, those are two guys that wont do much scoring for us at all. Jasper when he has been in games he has been making turnovers just like Bradley. Bradley IMO is going to surprise alot of people this year with his play at PG for the whole year. I know there will be games when he wont do that good, but for the most part I think he will do a good job running the point for us. Besides that he cant do any worse than the PG we had running the show last year...

Why is that? He has made one start ever now at the PG spot. I know everyone loves Jasper and he is going to be a great PG someday for us, but I think if he starts our offense would probably be worse. Because if we have both Jasper and Stevenson starting, those are two guys that wont do much scoring for us at all. Jasper when he has been in games he has been making turnovers just like Bradley. Bradley IMO is going to surprise alot of people this year with his play at PG for the whole year. I know there will be games when he wont do that good, but for the most part I think he will do a good job running the point for us. Besides that he cant do any worse than the PG we had running the show last year...

I think Bradley will be just fine at PG. His upside outweighs his bad decisions.

Why you asked? Coachable! Bradley is a New York City Point guard. Scoring and headlines is on his agenda. Can't you tell by how he has played since he's been here. You talk about first start like he's never had game experience at the position. 2 years to be exact. He is a scorer. Anywhere else he is a scorer. Jasper would only get better and could be molded to fit the style of play by mid-season, Bradley is who he is. He doesn't do well if he's not the headline player. Look at last year when Rondo was the headliner. If North Carolina can do it with Tywon Lawson, then why can KY do it with Jasper. You'll see

Why you asked? Coachable! Bradley is a New York City Point guard. Scoring and headlines is on his agenda. Can't you tell by how he has played since he's been here. You talk about first start like he's never had game experience at the position. 2 years to be exact. He is a scorer. Anywhere else he is a scorer. Jasper would only get better and could be molded to fit the style of play by mid-season, Bradley is who he is. He doesn't do well if he's not the headline player. Look at last year when Rondo was the headliner. If North Carolina can do it with Tywon Lawson, then why can KY do it with Jasper. You'll see

Jasper would implode if he had to lead UK at this point in his career.

Why not give it 5 games before we dismiss anyone?

I think Bradley will look good at times and bad at others, but overall will be a nice player for the Cats.

Jasper will have to grow and I think he can play a larger role as time marches on.

I see just fine right now, I think you are the one who has a little bit of blurry vision. I think as the season goes on with Bradley, that you then will start to see...