Kentucky 57 Miami OH 46

romeo 4 president

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the first game of the season. I dont know why people are so worried. Havent you seen other top 25 teams winning just by 5 to 10 points. Kentucky has a good team this year with 3 really good freshman. I look to see that they help this team for the next 3 years.

I agree that the freshman showed a lot of potential and have shown that throughout. What I am worried about is Bobby Perry. He showed a lot in the early going (exhibition games) and in this one showed very little. If he wants to be a leader he cannot be featureless in a game like this. He has to step up and be a leader.

Most of his production came in the 2nd half. They need to get him more touches. Stevenson remind me a very raw Chris Bosh.

I like the K-Mart comparison personally.....

I still think by the end of the year our starting lineup will be:

PG-D.Jas

SG-Crawfod

SF-Meeks

PF-Pac Man

C-Morris

I agree that the freshman showed a lot of potential and have shown that throughout. What I am worried about is Bobby Perry. He showed a lot in the early going (exhibition games) and in this one showed very little. If he wants to be a leader he cannot be featureless in a game like this. He has to step up and be a leader.

I dont know if this had to do with anything oh how he played tonight...But I know I saw him a few times while he was on the bench putting a big of ice on one of his hands. So maybe he has some kind of little nagging injury that we dont know about...

I dont know if this had to do with anything oh how he played tonight...But I know I saw him a few times while he was on the bench putting a big of ice on one of his hands. So maybe he has some kind of little nagging injury that we dont know about...

They made a quick mention of him bending his thumb back on his shooting hand I believe.

I like the K-Mart comparison personally.....

I still think by the end of the year our starting lineup will be:

PG-D.Jas

SG-Crawfod

SF-Meeks

PF-Pac Man

C-Morris

Possiblly, but I dont see anyway that Perry wont be in the starting lineup all year long...

Personaly I know for this year atleast I like having Meeks coming in off the bench, because he could come in and give this team energy...

I'll beleive you on the Bobby Perry "ice" thing. I just feel that he is an important piece if Kentucky wants to make a run. I hope he's healthy.

I'll beleive you on the Bobby Perry "ice" thing. I just feel that he is an important piece if Kentucky wants to make a run. I hope he's healthy.

:thumb: I agree. I know I never thought I would say stuff like this, but if UK is going to do anything this year. Then they would need Bobby Perry to step up like he did last year at the end of the year...

I see no improvements from last year's squad. Don't get me wrong - Stevenson had an impressive debut, Crawford appears that he might have a good season, and Morris played decent - but there is no flow, no tempo, and no intensity for the Cats.

If this Miami team has changed much, they're good at getting a team out of rhythm, and on top of that they're usually not a bad team.

:thumb: I agree. I know I never thought I would say stuff like this, but if UK is going to do anything this year. Then they would need Bobby Perry to step up like he did last year at the end of the year...

I like Perry, seems like a good kid that try's hard and doesn't talk much about stuff that doesn't need to be said...

It's one game and you're already crying, and a win at that:rolleyes: . Miami is a solid team that as an earlier poster said, is very experienced. Anyone who thought this would be a blowout doesn't have a clue. Their are many areas that need improving, but it's the same with every team in the country.

We could be like Kansas, Boston College, or Indiana and already be staring at a loss, all of which were to teams that are not as good as Miami(OH). North Carolina has struggled with pretty much every opponent they've played thus far......It's early, give them time to get everything going.

Im crying with 13 loss seasons, with 2 other teams in the SEC going to the final 4 but us, crying because I am watching a high school, slow, boring offense... sorry but I had my Tubby loving shot already... I am immune :thumb:

Enough excuses.. time for results