Kentucky 57 Miami OH 46

romeo 4 president

Just being realistic!

I pretty sure that Patterson isn't going to be too impressed with a team that always scores in the 50's and 60's.

The first game of the year, and you have it figured out that this team is only going to only score 50 to 60 points a game all year...:rolleyes:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am happy to come away this game with a win. Could the Cats have looked better absolutely. I know they looked sloppy for most of the game, but there was some good things they did do. The one thing that I really didn't like seeing was that on the offensive end it seemed like the players were being a little selfish and not making the extra pass. I know early in the game, we had guys taking tough jump shots over people instead of trying to find a better shot. We had to many players forcing up things, and it wasn't just Bradley like you all keep talking about. I know some of Crawfords shots were not the best of shots to take, but they just happened to go down. Perry also early in the game forced up some bad shots. It seemed like we were settling for the tough jump shots instead of trying to go inside. I know I really didn't like how the players had the ball and looked at Morris down low, but they never passed it to him. They need to learn to feed the post and work inside out, because that would help create more open shots. In the exhibtion games they were doing good with it, and thats why I was suprised about tonight with how we were forcing things on offense.

The buzz around Lexington is already bad.... might be a long season. Really can't blame it from last years results. Its early, but I think everyones patience is thin.

It's one game and you're already crying, and a win at that:rolleyes: . Miami is a solid team that as an earlier poster said, is very experienced. Anyone who thought this would be a blowout doesn't have a clue. Their are many areas that need improving, but it's the same with every team in the country.

We could be like Kansas, Boston College, or Indiana and already be staring at a loss, all of which were to teams that are not as good as Miami(OH). North Carolina has struggled with pretty much every opponent they've played thus far......It's early, give them time to get everything going.

One of the reasons I believe this game was such a sloppy and slow game was because of the refs. I know I have never seen so many walks, carries, and off the ball fouls on the offense in a game before. It seemed like every 5 seconds the refs were calling something, and that really does hurt either team from getting into a real flow...

I saw in the update thread someone was calling Stevenson Pac Man? Why was he being called that. I know I like the nickname pogo stick alot better, and besides that Pac Man is already taken by a guy in the NFL...:p

Well when Ramon Harris gets to campus, we'll have our own famous wrestling duo....."Razor Ramon" & "Big Perry Cool" I think our freshman should be known as the BWO, Blue World Order...:D

unfortunately I can't claim originality on those

Well when Ramon Harris gets to campus, we'll have our own famous wrestling duo....."Razor Ramon" & "Big Perry Cool" I think our freshman should be known as the BWO, Blue World Order...:D

unfortunately I can't claim originality on those

Awful... :lol:

It's one game and you're already crying, and a win at that:rolleyes: . Miami is a solid team that as an earlier poster said, is very experienced. Anyone who thought this would be a blowout doesn't have a clue. Their are many areas that need improving, but it's the same with every team in the country.

We could be like Kansas, Boston College, or Indiana and already be staring at a loss, all of which were to teams that are not as good as Miami(OH). North Carolina has struggled with pretty much every opponent they've played thus far......It's early, give them time to get everything going.

:thumb: I know I dont get some of my fellow UK fans, it seems like they just like to complain and put down the team they say they love more than anything else. Yeah this teams does have stuff to work on, but it was the first game of year for us, against a pretty decent Miami team who had already played a game and got their first game ghitters out. You could just take a look across the country at all the other big time programs and how they have been struggling against teams. I mean Arizona, Indiana, and now Kansas have all lost already. And UNC the #2 team in the country was only winning their game by 4 the other day at half, and were losing today by 8 at half. So alot of teams are getting off to slow starts this year, so there is no reason at all after just one game to think that things will be bad again...

I'm very mixed after this performance. MU this early is not an easy task.

Saw some glimpses of a potentially very bright future. If all players stay, they will be a title contender next year. Yet we have to get through this year.

Positives- Stevenson, comparisons to Tyrus Thomas are becoming more legit. Thomas was a redshirt freshman and had some muscle. Stevenson has already added some weight and should really improve. His offense is not that bad, he is just not ready physically to post.

Meeks, not afraid to mix it up. Very mature.

Crawford played with confidence.

Frankly that is about it.

Negatives- Same old bugaboo. Stagnant halfcourt offense. Can Bradley become the PG that leds the team? UK made some shots at times, but most were contested. This team STRUGGLED to produce easy baskets.

Tubby's decision not to force tempo with some full court pressure. It turned the game around in first half, yet he left it in the lockerroom at the half. Played MU's tempo.

Morris, still hasn't decided that he wants to be great. Still does everything over the left shoulder. Still commits too many lazy fouls.

Halfcourt defense was not real good but having an eraser on the backline can makeup for things.

It's really early, but feelings are kind of mixed after this one.

Its the first game of the season. I dont know why people are so worried. Havent you seen other top 25 teams winning just by 5 to 10 points. Kentucky has a good team this year with 3 really good freshman. I look to see that they help this team for the next 3 years.