Who do you want to replace Marty Brennaman?

Hopefully one day, '09 Brossart grad Andrew Kappes will get a shot to call games for his hometown Reds. I think he had been the broadcast guy for the Pirates AAA team in Indianapolis for the last few years. He would bring some young energy to the booth that might attract the younger fans to the radio rather than the TV.

I would love for Kappes to get the gig one day. Terrific person and a GREAT baseball mind.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I've heard several times that the Reds would be Dan Hoard's dream job. He loves doing baseball, and he's been out of it since his days in Pawtucket at the AAA level.

Like someone mentioned, there's other options already within the Reds organization with Thrall from Pensacola as well as the Dragons' longtime voice. Both are qualified candidates, although I think Hoard has as good of a shot as any to come on full-time.

• 7 months later...
I didn't realize until this afternoon listening to Marty's final signoff that Tommy Thrall had officially been brought on to replace Brennaman, calling things from the booth alongside Jeff Brantley for 2020.

It was back before the season ever started that the decision was made. Don't remember if it was in spring training, or just before it, though.

I think it was good to have him a part of this last season of Marty. Should make for a more smoother transition to next year, when he's full time. Granted, we're still going to miss Marty. But, it's not like we haven't had games already this year, where Marty wasn't on them and Tommy was.

• 5 months later...