Marvin Lewis is Done!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lewis experience went on about five years too long, obviously. I really felt Lewis would have benefited from a change of scenery. I hope for his sake Brown didn’t retain him too long and make him unemployable. But if the NFL teaches us anything, once you are in, coaches are recycled before others are given a chance.

The Lewis experience went on about five years too long, obviously. I really felt Lewis would have benefited from a change of scenery. I hope for his sake Brown didn’t retain him too long and make him unemployable. But if the NFL teaches us anything, once you are in, coaches are recycled before others are given a chance.

So true. I was amazed when I saw Jim Caldwell was being interviewed for one of the openings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I want an offensive mind and preferably not someone who has already failed as head coach.

Thanks Coach Lewis for a lot of good years! I remember well what it was like before you got here and I am thankful.

I wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

Agreed. The best statement I can say as a positive for Marvin is I don't believe he ever lost his players. I don't believe he ever had a team quit on him. His players played hard for him, even when games didn't matter like yesterday. As I said in another thread: Marvin is a good football coach. He just isn't good enough.

Agreed. The best statement I can say as a positive for Marvin is I don't believe he ever lost his players. I don't believe he ever had a team quit on him. His players played hard for him, even when games didn't matter like yesterday. As I said in another thread: Marvin is a good football coach. He just isn't good enough.

I would love to have Marvin Lewis on my staff and I agree on the players.

A guy I wouldn't want either that some of mentioned is Eric Bienenemy. Eventually the run of Andy Reids OC's stepping in and doing great will end, after it worked out well the last 2 years. Plus not like he would have a Patrick Mahomes at qb running the offense. I know he is a former Bengal, but for me he is not one of the guys I would like.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Thanks Coach Lewis for a lot of good years! I remember well what it was like before you got here and I am thankful.

I wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

============

Like most of you, I am wanting something other than Hue or Vance or Zim or any other ex-Bengal assistant coach.

This post exactly sums up my feelings. I am amazed that anyone would consider Vance Joseph (at least now). The Broncos have been a disaster the past two years. Listening to Mark Schlereth (former Bronco) destroy Joseph on the Clay Travis' show each week is classic...Schlereth HATES Joseph as a coach.