Some thoughts about Highlands' season...

jbwill2

If highlands gets behind they can't come back because they can't throw. This was evident today

They can't come back because every pass play that they have is 30 and 40 yards down the field. It's always all or nothing with their passing attack. This is one of the things that really gets on my nerves.:mad:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't come back because every pass play that they have is 30 and 40 yards down the field. It's always all or nothing with their passing attack. This is one of the things that really gets on my nerves.:mad:

Exactly! Cecil has a strong arm its just he throws it up there at hopes for the best this is why he had 3 interceptions today

But, I do know that all HHS fans now have to sit back and watch to see if someone can knock off Trinity so that they don't pass up HHS in title count. When is the last time that HHS has not at least been tied for the lead in KY in titles??? It's been awhile, I'm sure. It would have been nice if HHS could have taken care of their business, won no.17, and not had to worry about someone beating Trinity.

So...THIS is what qualifies as a problem in Ft. Thomas ?? I don't want to use the word "spoiled" here, but I'll admit, I don't know how else to describe it.

:sssh:

My sentiments....where is the intermediate passing game. Why cant the Birds send 2 guys to the yard marker and one deep? I also did not see anybody that could consistently catch the ball. Cecil throws a nice ball but you can clearly see he is a run 1st guy and he should be as he is one of the toughest QB's in the state. He was taking on CCH's middle Linebackers head on and you just dont see that too often.

JBWill.. you made some interesting points.. I am not going to discredit them because your last point about the 2004 team and the transfers gives all HHS fans something to ponder.

I think the Birds will be fine for years to come...My opinion is you start grooming Tony Guidugli as your QB for next year...he has great poise and allt he tools his brother had. You move Cecil to feature back...(fastest kid on the team and toughest) and you use Josh Conner as your bruiser for short yardage and a possible bust out. They will need to utilize some of those athletic Frosh (soph's next year) at the WR positions. Possibly Collinsworth..among others.

They have a lot of returning starters coming back....many Jr's as in Hurtt, Stein, Ball, , Cecil, ....they will just need to rebuild the Offensive line.

IMO one word for HHS season. Disappointing! What was regarded as possibly being one of HHS best teams winds up 7-5. It is as it is. I will offer no opinion as to why, as that serves no purpose. Good luck seniors, I know my son enjoyed being your teamate.

Its always disappointing when you lose in the Playoffs, especially to that team from Kenton Co. Playing the tough schedule they did had a lot to do with the amount of losses. Losing twice to CCh is tough but they were the better team this year. All of the boys showed a ton of heart and class and they represented Ft. Thomas very well. Your boy will be a great leader next year on that O-line...keep him focused and he could be a potential All-stater.

Is someone from Highlands really complaining about private schools??? From what I recall from growing up and playing the 'Birds, players come from outside of Ft. Thomas to play for the 'Birds quite a bit.
And the many kids from the local Catholic grade schools that play there Where did the Kramer boy go to grade school ?

Its always disappointing when you lose in the Playoffs, especially to that team from Kenton Co. Playing the tough schedule they did had a lot to do with the amount of losses. Losing twice to CCh is tough but they were the better team this year. All of the boys showed a ton of heart and class and they represented Ft. Thomas very well. Your boy will be a great leader next year on that O-line...keep him focused and he could be a potential All-stater.

Thanks! My son understands he is now a senior and it begins now. I think what is the hardest to get teenagers to realize is how fast this all goes by. I tell him it will seem like a blink of an eye and he will be walking off the field (hopefully Papa Johns in Dec)for the last time.

I won't pick out one poster but it is a shame that if HHS doesn't win a state title it is considered a total lose for a season. I know that feeling as it is true for some at Beechwood. These two programs are so good that if they don't win the title is terrible season.

Who cares who has won more state titles than the other.

HHS had a great yr. They can not win every game they play.