Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Pre-Season Rankings Discussion

Featured Replies

First round region exit last year, and I know they return their top two scorers but no one on the team scored more than 12 per game last season. Unless Hobbs averages near 20 then I just don't see it. I do think Central is a top 3 team in the 5th for sure though.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work to the group who put this together.

 

If I was going to offer other thoughts, I'd flip Scott County and Trinity (splitting hairs, I understand), I think Madison Central is a little low, and I think Walton Verona is a little high.

Great work to the group who put this together.

 

If I was going to offer other thoughts, I'd flip Scott County and Trinity (splitting hairs, I understand), I think Madison Central is a little low, and I think Walton Verona is a little high.

 

I agree.

@Sportslover32's excellent 5th Region preview indicates a lot coming back from last year's 29-3 team, including 4 starters. Lost in the Regional final 48-46 to John Hardin last year.

 

A little too high for LaRue I think. They are big and physical for sure but unless they get some playmakers, they're just a grind you out offensive rebounding team.

I agree.

It’s going to be a fun year for you with both your girls and boys teams rated in the top 10. If I can talk my brother into coming with me I might try to watch both on a night they have a double header.

A little too high for LaRue I think. They are big and physical for sure but unless they get some playmakers, they're just a grind you out offensive rebounding team.

 

They have a decent schedule overall. We’ll find out a lot about them when they hit King of the Bluegrass and then shortly after that is the 2A Classic.

Watch out for Male and Madisonville.

That's what I was thinking about Male. I don't really have any knowledge about Madisonville though.

First round region exit last year, and I know they return their top two scorers but no one on the team scored more than 12 per game last season. Unless Hobbs averages near 20 then I just don't see it. I do think Central is a top 3 team in the 5th for sure though.

 

Getting to Region last year was good for that team, kind of ahead of schedule actually. Great experience by getting there. Schedule this year should help prepare them to hopefully make another run. Be interesting to see how Hobbs has developed. Gonna be a fun high school season I believe!

Shocking to not see Male on this list considering they beat UHA by 13 points two weeks ago. ?

Shocking to not see Male on this list considering they beat UHA by 13 points two weeks ago.

 

Male definitely belongs in these rankings.

 

And UHA is way over ranked. Kyky can only carry them so far.

Shocking to not see Male on this list considering they beat UHA by 13 points two weeks ago. 樂

 

Scrimmages mean absolutely nothing. Nevermind that scrimmage scores are very rarely reported so unless folks are scrimmage hopping across the state it is impossible to know every scrimmage score across the state.

Male definitely belongs in these rankings.

 

And UHA is way over ranked. Kyky can only carry them so far.

 

The duo of Tandy and Hollowell will arguably be better than any duo that they will face. In HS basketball two studs can take you a long ways. They have an incredibly challenging schedule and they should be better than what they were last season. We’ll see if they sink or swim soon enough.

Scrimmages mean absolutely nothing. Nevermind that scrimmage scores are very rarely reported so unless folks are scrimmage hopping across the state it is impossible to know every scrimmage score across the state.

 

I tend to disagree with you on the scrimmages mean nothing (except may be missing some football players) and with so many sites out there covering basketball now, you can know a lot about those scrimmages.

I tend to disagree with you on the scrimmages mean nothing (except may be missing some football players) and with so many sites out there covering basketball now, you can know a lot about those scrimmages.

 

I know plenty of coaches who don’t even coach the team during the scrimmage, you mentioned football players being absent and everyone plays in scrimmages. It’s always been hard for me to take scrimmage results seriously when kids who won’t play much at all in January/February are starting or playing a lot in the scrimmage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.