6A Playoffs: #6 Scott County vs. #7 Simon Kenton

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

This is the type of game that your regular season schedule prepares you for. SKs weak schedule and refusal to play 6A powers in the regular season bites them again. SC is battle tested and will roll in this one.

Only thing I will say to that, is there really 6a powers this year? 5a is better than 6 A this year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I will say to that, is there really 6a powers this year? 5a is better than 6 A this year.

Yes, there are plenty of powers to schedule (even this year). When was the last time SK scheduled St. X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Fred Doug or any D1 or GCL team from Cincinnati? That is what the 6A powers do to prepare. That's why they'll never be ready for the "big game".

I think that Scott County wins easily, which I hope I’m wrong about, I’d love to see Simion Kenton pull a major upset. Scott County is just too battle tested and they beat the number one ranked 6A team last night, whom I truly believe was number one with all that they did until last night.

I think that Scott County wins easily, which I hope I’m wrong about, I’d love to see Simion Kenton pull a major upset. Scott County is just too battle tested and they beat the number one ranked 6A team last night, whom I truly believe was number one with all that they did until last night.

Battle tested getting beat by HC? Even with their qb they shouldn't lose to HC.

Battle tested getting beat by HC? Even with their qb they shouldn't lose to HC.

And beating Moeller. They lost to Lasalle and FD along with Henry Clay. Even in losing those games, they played two GCL teams which isn’t done by hardly anyone in the state. Their schedule is far stronger than what Simon Kenton played.

This is the type of game that your regular season schedule prepares you for. SKs weak schedule and refusal to play 6A powers in the regular season bites them again. SC is battle tested and will roll in this one.

While schedule is important, that drum gets beaten too hard on these boards. Remember, Scott County won the 6a title in 2013 while playing only one team during the regular season with a winning record.

For most High School teams, their schedule isn’t why they win or don’t win games. Mostly it comes down to who has the best players. With how 6a has played out this, it wouldn’t surprise me if SK keeps this one close, or even wins. It also wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a blowout.

Yes, there are plenty of powers to schedule (even this year). When was the last time SK scheduled St. X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Fred Doug or any D1 or GCL team from Cincinnati? That is what the 6A powers do to prepare. That's why they'll never be ready for the "big game".

Again, check out Scott County’s 2013 schedule, and tell me which regular season game got them over the hump to win the title. Was it the 5 win Henry Clay team? Or was it because they had the best players and a very good coach?

Wow everyone saying SK will get blown out. I don't think so. Also SK and Scott County did play a JV game against each other SC won on the final play. SK's front seven should do fine against SC. SK's Oline is playing great and doing whatever they want running the ball. SC losing to HC tells me SK should have no problem. Pioneer Nation will be loud and proud next Friday!

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/big-things-kentucky-372418.html

Coach Mckee talks about his teams loss to Henry clay in our show last week. We feel like by NKY standers this SK team is not as strong.

And beating Moeller. They lost to Lasalle and FD along with Henry Clay. Even in losing those games, they played two GCL teams which isn’t done by hardly anyone in the state. Their schedule is far stronger than what Simon Kenton played.

Moeller wasn't very good this year they got destroyed in the playoffs.