6A Playoffs: #6 Scott County vs. #7 Simon Kenton

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

I think it is a good match up for SK's defense the front seven is very good. Hopefully they bring in a extra dlineman or linebacker to stop the run.

SK front seven

NT Jr. 90 Sajlovic 6'1 240 12 sacks 70 tackles

DT Sr. 78 Courtney 5'9 255 16 sacks 88 tackles

DT Jr. 99 Milton 6'3 230 7 sacks 38 tackles

OLB Sr. 16 Cogswell 5'11 205 4 sacks 84 tackles 1 int 5 forced fumbles 3 fumble recoveries

MLB Sr. 46 Pernell 6'0 198 79 7 sacks 79 tackles

MLB Jr. 42 Hoffman 5'9 198 41 tackles 1 sack

OLB Jr. 25 Bush 6'4 205 39 tackles 1 sack

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And SK lost to class A school and lost while let lying Highlands score 38... the same team S.C. was dominating at half before it was called off.

SK had 4 or 5 starters out agianst Beechwood. SK had 4 or 5 starters get hurt during the Highlands game and used a Freshman qb big difference.

SK had 4 or 5 starters out agianst Beechwood. SK had 4 or 5 starters get hurt during the Highlands game and used a Freshman qb big difference.

SK was really only down 1 big contributor against Beechwood and besides the score, BW basically dominated. You still had Sargent and Farsing against BW, the main offensive guys, and were missing Cogswell on defense. But SK is also a 6a school so saying they were not healthy is a lame excuse. BW didn’t have their fullback and linebacker but it didn’t stop them from holding SK to 21 points or running up 500 yards.

And SK lost to class A school and lost while let lying Highlands score 38... the same team S.C. was dominating at half before it was called off.

Beechwood is hardly a true 1A school. They are a 1A school with 2A-6A kids from other schools. Back on topic, I think SK is going to struggle with deception of Scott County's offense. Scott County defense hasn't been fantastic this year. I think we may be surprised by this game. I'm giving SK home field advantage in a 1 score game.

These two teams are #1 Scott County and #2 Simon Kenton in rushing yards in 6A. However, if I am Simon Kenton I work on the passing game this week. Scott County is not in the top 25 in 6A in passing defense. That looks like opportunity. Unfortunately, this is probably Simon Kenton's worst passing team in a number of years.

On the other hand, Scott County's defense is allowing less than 100 yards per game and Simon Kenton's defense would also be below 100 per game if you took out the Beechwood game. Beechwood rushed for 330 yards against Simon Kenton. The only other team with more than 136 yards rushing was Henry Clay last week at 196. In their other loss, Simon Kenton only allowed Highlands 90 yards rushing.

Edited by Voice of Reason

These two teams are #1 Scott County and #2 Simon Kenton in rushing yards in 6A. However, if I am Simon Kenton I work on the passing game this week. Scott County is not in the top 25 in 6A in passing defense. That looks like opportunity. Unfortunately, this is probably Simon Kenton's worst passing team in a number of years.

SK has a better run defense than SC also.

Added side note - Beechwood's Logan Castleman had 220 yards rushing versus Simon Kenton. How impressive is that when you look at the rushing stats above for Simon Kenton's defense? Castleman rushed for more yards by himself than any other team did against Simon Kenton.

Not taking anything away from Castelman or BW's rushing attack in the game, but that 220 is a bit skewed by the 90 yarder in the final minutes. Even if you take that away it was still heck of a game on the ground for BW dominating the 6A Pioneers.

Not taking anything away from Castelman or BW's rushing attack in the game, but that 220 is a bit skewed by the 90 yarder in the final minutes. Even if you take that away it was still heck of a game on the ground for BW dominating the 6A Pioneers.

If you're going to take away the game winning rush by Castleman for being exceptionally large, then we better take away any other big runs from all the other games that led to their totals as well.