Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association - Preseason Top 10 Teams and Players

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based upon statewide rankings and personally watching these players for several years, my rankings based upon the players listed would be:

1. Nick Thelen, Covington Catholic

2. Tyler Fleek, Covington Catholic

3. Reid Jolly, Campbell County

4. Vince Rankin, Ryle

5. Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic

6. Kelly Niece, Simon Kenton

5. Scotty Draud, Beechwood

7. Donnie Miller, Newport

8. Trey Meister, Scott

9. Chad Ohmer, Scott

10.Blaine Walters, Cooper

Man, this new math they teach these days gets me all confused.

I didn't see a Ninth Region post so I thought I would add this here for comparison sake. Prep Hoops released their Top Players Preview and have the below boys listed from the 9th:

1. Nick Thelen - CCH

2. Scotty Draud - Beechwood

3. Donnie Miller - Newport

4. Tyler Fleek - CCH

5. Makhi McGuire - Newport

6. Wyatt Vieth - St. Henry

7. Vince Rankin - Ryle

8. Michael Mayer - CCH

9. TJ Deere - Cooper

10. Pete Knochelmann - Holy Cross

If you consider the NKY Coaches have 4 from the 8th and 10th Regions, the names are similar. Prep Hoops ranks Fleek, Veith and McGuire higher than the coaches do.

Regardless, these boys are all good players and we are looking forward to seeing them compete this year!

Who will start for Cooper?

Walter, Houston, Deere, Spencer, ???

These will are the likely starters based on returning players but one thing I do know for certain is this; the 5 on the floor WILL play defense or they will find themselves keeping the bench nice and toasty in Coach Sully's program.

These will are the likely starters based on returning players but one thing I do know for certain is this; the 5 on the floor WILL play defense or they will find themselves keeping the bench nice and toasty in Coach Sully's program.

I would think Kevin Centers will make an impact for Cooper.

Rumors floating around that Harding will be back at Newport. Not sure how true, but if so, Newport just got THAT much better. The source(s) are usually pretty reliable.

If true this is fantastic news. Taking nothing away from the talent that they have, but when I heard that Harding would be leaving my enthusiasm for them sank significantly. He's such a strong mature player that would have such an incredible impact on their success. Wow I do hope that this true because if so Christmas just came early for the Wildcats.