Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association - Preseason Top 10 Teams and Players

He isn’t underrated yet. People just haven’t seen him. He’ll have a shot to pop this winter.

He will pop indeed. What I saw of him last season leading the JV team he's an incredibly poised, talented, and smart point guard with much needed leadership skills. He occasionally got some valuable varsity minutes last season too, so that's also a plus that he's already been in those shoes.

With that said, I'm anxious to see what other promising ball handlers there are for the Colonels ready to step up if called upon.

Someone more in the know about their team might be able to shed some light on who other than Diskin has what it takes. I won't be surprised if the Colonels have others coming up, but to remain a state level contender, a confident backup for them is crucial in case of any unwelcome unforeseen setbacks such as injury, or in-game foul troubles.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true this is fantastic news. Taking nothing away from the talent that they have, but when I heard that Harding would be leaving my enthusiasm for them sank significantly. He's such a strong mature player that would have such an incredible impact on their success. Wow I do hope that this true because if so Christmas just came early for the Wildcats.

I’m about 99% sure on this. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit.m if he is back.

He will pop indeed. What I saw of him last season leading the JV team he's an incredibly poised, talented, and smart point guard with much needed leadership skills. He occasionally got some valuable varsity minutes last season too, so that's also a plus that he's already been in those shoes.

With that said, I'm anxious to see what other promising ball handlers there are for the Colonels ready to step up if called upon.

Someone more in the know about their team might be able to shed some light on who other than Diskin has what it takes. I won't be surprised if the Colonels have others coming up, but to remain a state level contender, a confident backup for them is crucial in case of any unwelcome unforeseen setbacks such as injury, or in-game foul troubles.

CCH will not have any weaknesses.

Davin, Disken, and Fleek will all be draining 3's.

And Jackson off the bench is more than capable of handling the point and shooting the long ball.

Don't forget, their JV teams have not lost a game in 2 years ... and they have been guarding the best in the state (in practice)!

I am surprised we have not seen any Beechwood chatter but maybe they are still focused on the football thread.

And what about Dixie? Region runner up last year and only lost one contributor to graduation.

Dixie lost Cody, Szabo, and one other, correct?? Could they have a down year?? Shumate and Jabari Karim shouldtake the reigns for this team. Both a nice players.

Beechwood has 4 of the 5 starter back from last season. They have 7 seniors on there team, 4 should start along with Draud. As far as football goes, most of the BIG's are playing football and wouldn't be there until early December.

They should have a good season.

Wyatt Vieth - St. Henry is a beast. I expect him to pick up a few offers this year.

Yes he is! Very versatile and talented young man. But, offers during the HS season? You don’t tend to see too much of that considering most college coaches are traveling, prepping, scouting, coaching, etc. I do agree that his offers will come. Probably the 3rd best sophomore in the area with Draud & Neace.

Beechwood has 4 of the 5 starter back from last season. They have 7 seniors on there team, 4 should start along with Draud. As far as football goes, most of the BIG's are playing football and wouldn't be there until early December.

They should have a good season.

Beechwood has a sophomore. Curly hair. Shooter. Plays hard & smart. Kind of a thinner kid. I really liked his game on JV last year. Anyone have a name?? He should help add varsity depth this year.

Wyatt Vieth - St. Henry is a beast. I expect him to pick up a few offers this year.

Jude Bessler is a pretty good 2nd option as well...I really like what SHDHS has cooking. Who will run the point with Kaiser moving to Ryle?

Worth noting, SHDHS will be getting a bunch of really good 8th graders to matriculate there next year, so the funnel should be filling up for them for a nice run over the next 4 years.

Highlands will be in the top 10 very soon. They will be a team on the rise this year. Ben Sisson will have breakout year.

He would have had a breakout year last year, if not for injuries. Tough & Strong around the basket. How has he progressed in the perimeter game? If one dimensional, could be easy to game plan.