Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association - Preseason Top 10 Teams and Players

Featured Replies

The original post says teams from Kenton, Boone and Campbell. Walton is in Boone County. Pendleton is ... Pendleton. It does not matter to me. It just seems like Walton would count.

 

Walton is NOT a member of Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association. THEIR CHOICE. The ranking is by the Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association, and consists of their members.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original post says teams from Kenton, Boone and Campbell. Walton is in Boone County. Pendleton is ... Pendleton. It does not matter to me. It just seems like Walton would count.

 

I was stating that the coaches included are only from those 3 counties and as another poster said, Walton is not a member as is their choice.

Heard Vince Rankin picked up his first offer from Mount St. Joseph. Congrats. Missed seeing him play last year as he was injured. Plan on catching him a few times this season.

The original post says teams from Kenton, Boone and Campbell. Walton is in Boone County. Pendleton is ... Pendleton. It does not matter to me. It just seems like Walton would count.

 

Read the thread title.

I’m surprised that the coaches have Cooper so high. I thought they would be down this year.

 

Never mind, Cooper should be solid! Addition of Deare and I forgot about Houston.

Never mind, Cooper should be solid! Addition of Deare and I forgot about Houston.

 

Who will start for Cooper?

 

Walter, Houston, Deere, Spencer, ???

While neither made the Top 10 Players, I'm anxious to see how Cooper's Houston and Spencer do this season as I'm expecting them to excel in their more prominent roles.

 

While CovCath's Mayer, and Cooper's Spencer are both very strong guys, I might have Spencer ahead of Mayer in versatility and finesse, and probably would have Houston ahead of both of them having Ty in the Top 10.

While neither made the Top 10 Players, I'm anxious to see how Cooper's Houston and Spencer do this season as I'm expecting them to excel in their more prominent roles.

 

While CovCath's Mayer, and Cooper's Spencer are both very strong guys, I might have Spencer ahead of Mayer in versatility and finesse, and probably would have Houston ahead of both of them having Ty in the Top 10.

 

I’m not with you on this. Mayer is on a different level.

I’m not with you on this. Mayer is on a different level.

 

Hmmm...maybe in football, and while he'll definitely be a force to reckon with on the hardwood as he'll crowd the interior with his presence, and muscle down many rebounds, and be highly effective on "D" (as long as he can stay out of foul trouble), I see Spencer as a more versatile player with more tools in his box to work with.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If I prove to be incorrect about this, I'll just say now that I like my crow drizzled with a buttery garlic sauce. :lol2:

I'd say it is Cov.Cath. and Cooper at the top then there is a logjam.

I think some are sleeping on Beechwood. There is a fair amount of optimism brewing in Ft. Mitchell for the roundball.

Hmmm...maybe in football, and while he'll definitely be a force to reckon with on the hardwood as he'll crowd the interior with his presence, and muscle down many rebounds, and be highly effective on "D" (as long as he can stay out of foul trouble), I see Spencer as a more versatile player with more tools in his box to work with.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If I prove to be incorrect about this, I'll just say now that I like my crow drizzled with a buttery garlic sauce. :lol2:

 

I agree with you on Houston - he should have a big year. I would actually have him and Fleek ahead of Walters.

 

However, I would not say Spencer is a NKY Top 10 player but on my list he would round out the top 15.

Hmmm...maybe in football, and while he'll definitely be a force to reckon with on the hardwood as he'll crowd the interior with his presence, and muscle down many rebounds, and be highly effective on "D" (as long as he can stay out of foul trouble), I see Spencer as a more versatile player with more tools in his box to work with.

 

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If I prove to be incorrect about this, I'll just say now that I like my crow drizzled with a buttery garlic sauce. :lol2:

 

I might have to disagree with you on the Mayer/Spencer thing as well, but we shall see. When Spencer was a sophomore, and Mayer was a freshman at CovCath, Spencer saw the writing on the wall for big guys on the team. Mayer was getting some varsity playing time already while Spencer was not dressing, and that was only going grow each year for Mayer.

I agree with you on Houston - he should have a big year. I would actually have him and Fleek ahead of Walters.

 

However, I would not say Spencer is a NKY Top 10 player but on my list he would round out the top 15.

 

Good call on Fleek as I think he'll have quite a big year, and I agree that Houston is also Top 10 material as well.

 

I wasn't actually pushing for Spencer to be considered Top 10 but still I believe that he's a hair ahead of Mayer, and under different tutelage will have the chance to blossom more than what his opportunities were previously. Taking nothing away from Mayer, still I think that he'll be a beast.

 

Really looking forward to this season as there's a lot of length and strength that has matured since last year, and the time has come for them to step up and take the reins.

Based upon statewide rankings and personally watching these players for several years, my rankings based upon the players listed would be:

 

1. Nick Thelen, Covington Catholic

2. Tyler Fleek, Covington Catholic

3. Reid Jolly, Campbell County

4. Vince Rankin, Ryle

5. Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic

6. Kelly Niece, Simon Kenton

5. Scotty Draud, Beechwood

7. Donnie Miller, Newport

8. Trey Meister, Scott

9. Chad Ohmer, Scott

10.Blaine Walters, Cooper

 

There are probably several players being overlooked though. Also, if Pendleton County, Walton, or other schools normally considered part of NKY were included, this list would change greatly. Other players not mentioned in addition to Houston, Deere, and Spencer would be McGuire from Newport, Wilson from Campbell County, Pete Knochelman from Holy Cross, Starkey from Highlands, Spencer Macke from Highlands and a couple of players (not sure of their names) from Dixie and St. Henry.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.