Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mouse in the basement

Featured Replies

I set two traps. I come downstairs and the peanut butter is gone and the trap has not gone off. I slightly nudge the trap and it goes off instantaneously. How did the mouse eat the PB without setting off the trap?

We like the sticky traps better. Put them along the outside wall. They work great and save on cheese and peanut butter.

I always get a couple sticky traps for the garage especially near the fridgeout there. They like to nest near the motor.

Buy some of the electronic traps at Home Depot. More expensive, but you won’t regret it.

I set two traps. I come downstairs and the peanut butter is gone and the trap has not gone off. I slightly nudge the trap and it goes off instantaneously. How did the mouse eat the PB without setting off the trap?

 

If you continue with the standard trap with peanut butter, first wrap some yarn around the bait area then apply the peanut butter. When the mouse starts to eat/lick the bait the thin threads from the yarn will get caught in their teeth or on their rough tongue. Next you will here Jim Morrison's voice singing "This is the end".

Cheese on my old fashion traps always seems the best to me.

I use electric traps like Rat Zapper. No mess

There’s a guy on YouTube that tests all kinds of mouse traps designs...from vintage to homemade to current high tech. His name is Shawn Woods...it’s kind of morbid, but interesting to watch.

I have used the little plastic live traps so I can catch and release the mice at @Randy Parker 's house

I like the poison, as long as you keep it away from pets and kids. When we had mice, I was a little afraid that they would die in the walls and smell, but it didn’t happen. They probably are dead in the walls somewhere, but no smell.

I like the poison, as long as you keep it away from pets and kids. When we had mice, I was a little afraid that they would die in the walls and smell, but it didn’t happen. They probably are dead in the walls somewhere, but no smell.

 

Yep. If pets are not a concern, TomCat poison is great.

 

Makes the mice sick - They go outside to eat grass - They die outside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.