Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did your team meet expectations?

Featured Replies

Carroll County has severely underachieved up to this point. A win in Frankfort on Friday would help.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season started we were looking for good things from Estill, especially after an 0-10 season last year. The losses kept coming, and after a few games nobody expected Estill to win a game again this year. But the kids rallied and won the last 3 out of 4. So I would say we exceeded expectations of many, but others would have liked to had a better season.

I would have to say that Mayfield has exceeded expectations coming into this season with a heavy, and I mean a heavy dose of graduating seniors from last years state runner-up squad and playing one of the hardest non-district schedules around the Cards have managed to finish the regular season 8-2 and look to be geared toward another hopeful long run in the playoffs. I am not going to say like some pollsters have that my team is going to state, but as long as the Cards don't become their own worst enemies with silly turnovers then Mayfield should be another hard out here in the playoffs. Should be a fun time and may the best teams win here in the postseason.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Franklin County lost it's leading tackler, and it's THREE leading recievers,and finished the reg. season at 8-2!No one but the coaches and players had expectations of this kind of season when it started.That being said,FC is 4 points from being undefeated.MY vote is for exceeded for reg.season, the jury is still out overall.

The jury is still out on Corbin's season, it all depends on how well(and if) they are playing 3-4 weeks from now.

 

In my opinion, there are two tests to every season. The regular season has been somewhat dissapointing. However, I totally expect these early season dissapointments to help the Hounds make a good run in the playoffs. That would help to smooth things out here in Corbin. We will see very soon.

 

From a fans perspective, I did not expect us to drop Bell County from the schedule. The rest of the Redhound community may be fine with that decision, but it sticks in my crawl. I never would have imagined Coach Jewell backing down from Bell County. That I did not expect.

We weren't expected to beat that County team.

 

So are you content with only beating the people that you are expected to beat?

Based on years past Crittenden had a down year, however they lost a TON of SR's off last years team, couple that with 75% of there starters are Fresh and Soph, I'd say we had a better than expected season going 4-6, and they only got better as the year went on. I spoke to one of the coaches during the summer and he said he'd be surprised if they could win a game so I'd say once again Coach Starnes got the best out of what he had

Speaking on behalf of Mason County; I'd have to say that the record of 7-3 is where it should be; especially after losing many skill players to graduation. The three losses have come to teams with a combined record of 28-2; two of whom are undefeated.

 

For the season to be considered a success, however, I feel sure that the players and the coaches would say that winning at least one playoff game (the Royals exited last year after a Round 1 loss by one point to Rockcastle) would go a long way towards "successful season" consideration.

In my opinion, there are two tests to every season. The regular season has been somewhat dissapointing. However, I totally expect these early season dissapointments to help the Hounds make a good run in the playoffs. That would help to smooth things out here in Corbin. We will see very soon.

 

From a fans perspective, I did not expect us to drop Bell County from the schedule. The rest of the Redhound community may be fine with that decision, but it sticks in my crawl. I never would have imagined Coach Jewell backing down from Bell County. That I did not expect.

 

 

I agree disapointing regular season, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I am glad we are there. Sweeping the district is good, but out of district we struggled. Something really tells me we could make a good run in the playoffs. In Corbin we must always remember that the teams that are supposed to be great and champions fall short, and those that have lower expectations always manage to have a good run. Yes the jury is still out.

I think everyone will agree that Hazard Bulldogs has suprised a lot of people with 7-3 record and #2 seed in district after losing the seniors they had last yr..I would like to congadulate all the players and coach Dixion and staff on a great season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.