Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did your team meet expectations?

Featured Replies

Nope, but just answering this post as asked begs for retrospective information. Looking back at most of you good Somerset fan's postings from last week, Harlan was beaten by 40 points. I'd say we exceeded your expectations.:banana:

 

Everyone knew it was going to be a good game and no we dont feel like we beat you all by 40...

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knew it was going to be a good game and no we dont feel like we beat you all by 40...

:thumb: I just hope we get the chance to see another game between these two teams. They just battled away at each other Friday night. should be another good one should we meet again. Business to be done before that though.

Somerset has not met all expectations...we lost to the county team this year!

We weren't expected to beat that County team.

Better be more ready than you were last week, almost lost to poor little Trimble. You better be glad the field was wet or you would seen more of the guy on True Blue and Gold than you would have wanted.

Frankfort was ready as the final score tells us. Too bad the field was wet, on a dry field, Frankfort would have won by 4 touchdowns at least. Concentrate on the Admirals for Friday night, wet or dry field!

Frankfort has met expectations and will continue to do so after the victory on Friday against Carroll County.

The teams I watch and keep up with are the 4A R4D8 teams. Here is my rundown on them and how they did based on the expectations most had. The only 2 teams who met or exceeded the expectations placed on them this season IMHO were Montgomery and Lincoln.

 

1. Montgomery (well exceeded)

2. Lincoln (exceeded)

 

3. GRC (below but partly due to the 1 & 2 exceeding)

4. Madison Central (below but very young)

 

5. Whitley County (below but had much too deal with)

6. North Laurel (below)

7. South Laurel (below)

 

Based on what I have seen, the COY candidates have to be without question Gooch at Montgomery & French at Lincoln. I would give the edge to Gooch as everyone knew that Lincoln had talent and they turned the corner this season. Montgomery was the shocker to nearly everyone (outside of Mt Sterling that is) and Gooch would be my COY in the district and the region IMHO.

Southwestern winning regular season District (undefeated) is wonderful. Congrats to all the Warriors!

 

Now to get through those play off buggaboo's. Unfortunately injuries may be problematic, have to wait and see.

  • Author
You started the thread but never told us how you thought your team did this year. Who's your team, and how did they do in your eyes?

I support the Bellevue Tigers. We fell short of our expectations. A great goal line stand by Ludlow and O.T. loss to Dayton kept the Tigers from the playoffs.

I am going to go on record and say that I even though PRP made the playoffs, they had to do so by eeking by Iroquois in a rain soaked game (12-6). I really felt that PRP would have a much better showing this year than what they did and felt they would give Male & X a better run for their money, especially with a year under Wolfe's system gone by. Despite bing 7-3, I really felt they were more of a 9-1, MAYBE 8-2 team. Didnt expect the loss to Manual, the blow outs to Male and X.

 

Just goes to show you, you just never really know.

 

And I will also say that Manual surpassed my expectations but they deserve their kudos. A sophomore QB led the way for them and I think he will get better with each year. Young team played hard and aggressive and I think could be a REAL threat in the coming years.

 

Iroquois certainly was my biggest surprise, but in a way, I guess im not surprised. A lot of wasted talent this year for a team that did manage a 4-6 record. But I guess when your district is comprised of Male, X, Manual, PRP,etc, you take what you can get. This team single handedly made my predictions at the beginning blow up in my face. Nevertheless, I did see a lot of positives (like never giving up, always playing hard, kept battling, etc). Better luck next year in a district that is more suitable to their level of talent!

I would have to say that my beloved Panthers failed to meet, not only mine, but, their own expectations. While there were definitely some bright moments, I feel like they fell short in reaching the goals that they set for themselves this season. But, rest assured, the Panthers will work to improve and build off the experience gained from this season.

I support the Bellevue Tigers. We fell short of our expectations. A great goal line stand by Ludlow and O.T. loss to Dayton kept the Tigers from the playoffs.

I agree

I think one has to wait untill the end of the playoffs to answer the question

The jury is still out on Corbin's season, it all depends on how well(and if) they are playing 3-4 weeks from now.

Need to wait until the state championship game (otherwise known as round 3) is played.

My team has had a VERY good season but it is not over yet, I have to reserve judgement on this question.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.