Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Bengals Sign Dez Bryant?

Featured Replies

My buddy text me and said that the Bengals have cut Brandon LaFell. What if they signed Dez Bryant?

 

I know he can be a problem, but I think I'm for it.

No!

 

I think it means the Bengals think John Ross is ready to go and that Josh Malone is a solid backup.

Sure why not, this team will never do anything under Marvin Lewis anyway. Might as well inject some drama into the locker room.

My buddy text me and said that the Bengals have cut Brandon LaFell. What if they signed Dez Bryant?

 

I know he can be a problem, but I think I'm for it.

 

Yes absolutely

 

No!

 

I think it means the Bengals think John Ross is ready to go and that Josh Malone is a solid backup.

 

I wouldn't mind it because I think Dez Bryant still has something left in the tank. However If not I think they will be fine without him. I been saying for the last 2 years that having lafell has hurt them. People have said they can't find someone opposite of Green even though they drafted 3 wrs these last 2 years. Well it's hard to tell what these young wrs are if they dont get a chance to play. Lafell didn't have bad numbers but he also didn't bring any other dynamic to this offense and wasnt the best at creating separation.

 

The Bengals after the 2012 season people yelled and screamed for them to go sign a free agent wr like a Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings at the time. Yet they decided not to and went with two young wrs named Jones and Sanu who after their rookie year had only like 20 catches between them combined. We seen how that worked out well, because it gave those two all the reps opposite of Green and a chance to do it in a game and it paid off.

 

I do think Ross has been looking really good and same with Malone. I think the forgotten man is Boyd. I believe he is a lot better than a lot of us know, and imo was a better younger version of Lafell anyways and just needs more opportunities.

I wouldn't mind it because I think Dez Bryant still has something left in the tank. However If not I think they will be fine without him. I been saying for the last 2 years that having lafell has hurt them. People have said they can't find someone opposite of Green even though they drafted 3 wrs these last 2 years. Well it's hard to tell what these young wrs are if they dont get a chance to play. Lafell didn't have bad numbers but he also didn't bring any other dynamic to this offense and wasnt the best at creating separation.

 

The Bengals after the 2012 season people yelled and screamed for them to go sign a free agent wr like a Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings at the time. Yet they decided not to and went with two young wrs named Jones and Sanu who after their rookie year had only like 20 catches between them combined. We seen how that worked out well, because it gave those two all the reps opposite of Green and a chance to do it in a game and it paid off.

 

I do think Ross has been looking really good and same with Malone. I think the forgotten man is Boyd. I believe he is a lot better than a lot of us know, and imo was a better younger version of Lafell anyways and just needs more opportunities.

 

Good point on Boyd.

No they should not. This is probably the one position they have plenty of depth. They probably cut LaFell to give more reps to the youth they are grooming.

T.O. to the Bengals 2.0. Except T.O. could still play when he got to Cincy. Dez is done.

T.O. to the Bengals 2.0. Except T.O. could still play when he got to Cincy. Dez is done.

 

When the team that knows you the best cuts you, buyer beware!

I do think Ross has been looking really good and same with Malone. I think the forgotten man is Boyd. I believe he is a lot better than a lot of us know, and imo was a better younger version of Lafell anyways and just needs more opportunities.

 

Why is it that when you have a guy who can help you convert on 3rd and long...when the other team is 95% sure you're going to pass...that same player isn't more a part of your 1st and 2nd down packages...when the defense is uncertain as to pass/play.

He's going to command more salary than what he's worth. So, no.

Why is it that when you have a guy who can help you convert on 3rd and long...when the other team is 95% sure you're going to pass...that same player isn't more a part of your 1st and 2nd down packages...when the defense is uncertain as to pass/play.

 

Because Marvin loves his veterans. So Lafell was the starter and hurting the development of better younger wrs. So they never got a chance to play in a game to make plays to show what they can do.

T.O. to the Bengals 2.0. Except T.O. could still play when he got to Cincy. Dez is done.

 

I dont think Dez is done at all. I think if Romo was the qb still, Dez wouldn't have looked done either. The dynamics of that offense changed once Prescott took over, and being a running team first with Elliott. I'm not that big on Prescott and think he will be a lot like a Donte Culpepper or Freeman guys who looked good early in their careers at QB but quickly fell off in a hurry.

I dont think Dez is done at all. I think if Romo was the qb still, Dez wouldn't have looked done either. The dynamics of that offense changed once Prescott took over, and being a running team first with Elliott. I'm not that big on Prescott and think he will be a lot like a Donte Culpepper or Freeman guys who looked good early in their careers at QB but quickly fell off in a hurry.

I get the offense changed with Dak. I just don't think Dez was ever that great of a receiver. Above average guy for sure, but he should have never commanded the praise he got. Couple that with the fact that he's a bit of a loose cannon and he's no where near being worth the trouble in my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.