Another "Stand Your Ground" Case In Florida

ColonelPops

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think if someone cuts me off and then brake-checks me, I should be able to shoot and kill them without consequence. Correct?

No, in your instance the contact (assuming there was any) would be coming from you, not the driver that break checked you. In some states you would be the one at fault and there for the aggressor.

No, in your instance the contact (assuming there was any) would be coming from you, not the driver that break checked you. In some states you would be the one at fault and there for the aggressor.

Not if I think they did it on purpose.

If he was making threats to the woman, even going as far as stating he would shoot her as has been reported , then this guy deserves everything a jury or judge could throw at him.

What was said will be pivotal in this case. If the girlfriend volunteered her man or the guy that got shot told him they were going to kill him or “mess” him up, he will walk.

If he was threatened AND pushed, right or wrong, the SYG law says he had the right to shoot.

A little different story here.....Recently in Bellevue a guy and his family were asleep upstairs when Two suspects tried to Break in the Back door. The Homeowner's Dog went nuts and the homeowner came downstairs drew his gun and Fired Two shots into the Ground. After Two more warning shots were fired into the Ground the Suspects called the Police and filed a Complaint against the Homeowner. When the police showed up and were interviewing the Homeowner, the Cop said you're a Bad shot. He said, I would of Shot them Dead. Sure enough the Homeowner was just served a Law Suit filed by the Suspects. The Suspects said that they were just walking by the House...LOL! This whole time the Suspects Car was parked in the Homeowner's Driveway! Can't make this stuff up!

What was said will be pivotal in this case. If the girlfriend volunteered her man or the guy that got shot told him they were going to kill him or “mess” him up, he will walk.

If he was threatened AND pushed, right or wrong, the SYG law says he had the right to shoot.

The shooter was clearly the aggressor towards the woman in the car. You can tell that much from the video.

The shooter was clearly the aggressor towards the woman in the car. You can tell that much from the video.

Agreed, but only verbally, he did not assault her physically. When She gets out of the car right when her boyfriend came out of the store. If she told him to kick his butt because she was getting yelled at for parking in a handicap spot wrongfully. Than the man after being pushed violently to the ground and hearing the request for his life to be ended or his butt kicked would have the right under the SYG law to shoot and kill. That's why I said audio would be important in this situation. Love to hear what the witnesses heard before the shooter is convicted by what looks like a crazy wrong shooting.

To be clear, I'm not saying I'd agree with him walking, but you have to prosecute based on the law.

A little different story here.....Recently in Bellevue a guy and his family were asleep upstairs when Two suspects tried to Break in the Back door. The Homeowner's Dog went nuts and the homeowner came downstairs drew his gun and Fired Two shots into the Ground. After Two more warning shots were fired into the Ground the Suspects called the Police and filed a Complaint against the Homeowner. When the police showed up and were interviewing the Homeowner, the Cop said you're a Bad shot. He said, I would of Shot them Dead. Sure enough the Homeowner was just served a Law Suit filed by the Suspects. The Suspects said that they were just walking by the House...LOL! This whole time the Suspects Car was parked in the Homeowner's Driveway! Can't make this stuff up!

What was the charge? Discharging a firearm in the city?

Agreed, but only verbally, he did not assault her physically. When She gets out of the car right when her boyfriend came out of the store. If she told him to kick his butt because she was getting yelled at for parking in a handicap spot wrongfully. Than the man after being pushed violently to the ground and hearing the request for his life to be ended or his butt kicked would have the right under the SYG law to shoot and kill. That's why I said audio would be important in this situation. Love to hear what the witnesses heard before the shooter is convicted by what looks like a crazy wrong shooting.

To be clear, I'm not saying I'd agree with him walking, but you have to prosecute based on the law.

If the shooter was the first person to threaten, SYG should go out the window, IMO.

If the shooter was the first person to threaten, SYG should go out the window, IMO.

I agree and it would be nice if the law was written that way...it just makes sense. Otherwise, every punk with a gun in his pocket could just walk around Florida picking fights and shooting people when they strike back at him, then claiming SYG.

Agreed, but what we don't know is if he threatened this person or just lit her up for taking the spot reserved for a handicap person.

Can't base it upon the claim that he threatened to shoot someone prior to this incident.