Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marty Brennaman

Featured Replies

Marty just made an apology on the air for the comments that he made on Sunday about Dick Williams. Anyone know what he said?

He was salty about Dick Williams talking to Trent Rosencrans about Homer Bailey moving into the bullpen and not telling the folks in the booth about it.

So the announcer was mad that a manager didn't disclose private info to him?

So the announcer was mad that a manager didn't disclose private info to him?

 

That's about right, yeah.

Marty should have retired years ago. His chapped butt attitude over small things has never been a good look. At least he didn't induce fans to throw things at the umpire this time

Marty should have retired years ago. His chapped butt attitude over small things has never been a good look. At least he didn't induce fans to throw things at the umpire this time

 

I won't disagree with you, but man it's going to be weird when he isn't calling games anymore.

Yeah, I'm also thinking it's time to go. Over the last 10 years, Marty has gone from "keeping it real" to "total buzzkill". It's old and tired.

Yeah, I'm also thinking it's time to go. Over the last 10 years, Marty has gone from "keeping it real" to "total buzzkill". It's old and tired.

 

I've been over having Marty in the booth for at least 7 or 8 years now. Total curmudgeon and I don't enjoy listening to his broadcast.

 

I get the nostalgia aspect.....but he sucks.

I've been over having Marty in the booth for at least 7 or 8 years now. Total curmudgeon and I don't enjoy listening to his broadcast.

 

I get the nostalgia aspect.....but he sucks.

 

You didnt realize how much Joe carried the broadcast until he was gone.

 

I also think the random of who is doing what game makes it show how "not very good" Marty is anymore.

Marty still is, and will always be the best.

Marty still is, and will always be the best.

Wholeheartedly agree.

 

Be be careful what you wish for.

Marty still is, and will always be the best.

 

Wholeheartedly agree.

 

Be be careful what you wish for.

 

The guy is one of the most knowledgeable announcers I've ever listened to. Reds fans are spoiled.

Irascible for sure, but appreciated his taking time to meet my son and me when we were at Great American Ballpark in May. When he and Thom found out we also were father and son sportscasters, they were both extremely friendly.2018_05_09a - Cincy (2) (150x113).jpg

Edited by broadcaster

No one in the Reds announcing crew is better than Marty. If the Reds would hire Dan Hoard to take Marty's place, I would be ok with it. Anyone else would be a big step back. And please oh please ... do not put Thom in the radio booth when Marty leaves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.