BGP QOTD: What is something that your parents allowed or encouraged you to do...

Not quite the same thing, but make them clean their plate at dinner.

I'm all about not wasting food, but to this day I will finish whatever is on my plate regardless of if I am already full and get anxious if people I'm eating with don't finish theirs. Explains a lot about how all my diets tend to fail. :) Don't want my kids to feel pressured to keep eating.

I'm all about not wasting food, but to this day I will finish whatever is on my plate regardless of if I am already full and get anxious if people I'm eating with don't finish theirs. Explains a lot about how all my diets tend to fail. :) Don't want my kids to feel pressured to keep eating.

That is a good one. I was always forced as well to clean your plate before you get up.

It's like you can read my thoughts. It pains me to not finish what is one my plate. Even when I know I'm full I have a compulsion to keep eating. I remember back in middle school this girl would always make fun of me for eating every little scrap of food from my plate. I guess it came from being made to clean my plate at home when I was little.

Walk/ride our bikes 2 miles to the pool each summer, which included crossing a 4 lane roadway. Remain at said pool for hours, and walk/ride our bikes home by dinner.

True. We'd disappear right after morning chores, show back up for lunch, then disappear for the entire afternoon until dinner time. My parents never had a clue where we were going or what we were doing. They knew who we were with but that's all. I would never allow that from my kids.