Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Support It Or Oppose It

Would you support a protest during the national anthem over a complete gun ban? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you support a protest during the national anthem over a complete gun ban?

    • I would support the protest during the national anthem.
      34%
    • I would not support the protest because it's during the national anthem.
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

@PurplePride92 posed an excellent question the other day. I'm curious where everyone on here would stand.

If all guns were banned tomorrow and this football season someone like Joe Thomas started to protest during the national anthem (sitting, kneeling or any other form of peaceful protest) and other football players started to join in every week, where would you stand. Be honest.

I don’t know how to answer this. I support the right to protest, I wouldn’t support a complete gun ban, but I also never agreed with using the national anthem as a platform for protest. I wouldn’t have a problem with them kneeling and I wouldn’t try to take the right to kneel away from them. Just like Kap though, I think there is a time and a place.

  • Author
I don’t know how to answer this. I support the right to protest, I wouldn’t support a complete gun ban, but I also never agreed with using the national anthem as a platform for protest. I wouldn’t have a problem with them kneeling and I wouldn’t try to take the right to kneel away from them. Just like Kap though, I think there is a time and a place.

 

Based on your comment "I think there is a time and a place" it would seem option 2 would be your vote. Just my opinion.

Just like said above- there is a time and place to protest. During the national anthem is not it.

Protests aren't supposed to make people comfortable, or to be carried out behind closed doors.

 

I would support the protest. As my dad often said, this is what separates us from a whole bunch of other countries.

Based on your comment "I think there is a time and a place" it would seem option 2 would be your vote. Just my opinion.

I actually think my answer is closer to 1.

Protests aren't supposed to make people comfortable, or to be carried out behind closed doors.

 

I would support the protest. As my dad often said, this is what separates us from a whole bunch of other countries.

I also think protests should be able to have a clearly defined message. Protesting during the anthem blurries the message because so many people take it as disrespect and that they are protesting America instead of protesting the injustices African Americans face or a gun ban.

The National Anthem and the NFL are so large that any protest during the Anthem IMO gets drowned out, therefore I think all Protest during the anthem are not only disrespectful but also a waste of time. I'm as pro gun as anyone on this site and I would not support it.

 

I would support a work stoppage or any other peaceful protest but I personally draw the line at disrespecting the anthem.

I think there are things we can at least consider regarding gun laws.

I think peaceful protests are 100% American.

 

I would fully support this protest.

Fully support the protest even though I disagree with the idea of banning all guns.

Fully support the protest even though I disagree with the idea of banning all guns.

 

So why can’t people fully support Kap’s protest although disagreeing doing it during the national anthem? It seems like that’s where most people are on the situation.

So why can’t people fully support Kap’s protest although disagreeing doing it during the national anthem? It seems like that’s where most people are on the situation.

 

For one, you’ll have to show me where most people agree with his protest.

 

Me disgreeing with banning guns is not the same as someone disagreeing with when someone protests. One is the reason for the protest, the other is the time/place. They “why” versus the “how/when.” Two totally different discussions.

Protests mean absolutely zero to me. I honsestly do not care either way. RTS you can tell me how to answer. I support anyone's right to protest. The reason does not matter. I do not support a complete gun ban.

  • Author
I actually think my answer is closer to 1.

 

Fair enough. I just thought that's where you were leaning when you talked about time and place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.